T.V. and Smartphones

Cruiseboy86

Technically, yes, but it will be quite a PITA.

Depending on Samsung phone, you may need to purchase MHL to HDMI adapter. They are quite cheap, around $10 on Amazon, but not every phone supports it. Google your phone's model, see if MHL is available.

So that's only one part of the process. 2nd part, you will need to connect the HDMI cable to TV. Not all Princess TVs have accessible HDMI port. On Royal, TV was wall-mounted, and their VOD system used that HDMI cable. I was able to unplug it, and plug in my laptop, but you need to have fairly dexterous fingers to get to it.

Now if you manage to connect HDMI port to TV and still won't see much, you will need to switch inputs. Remote you will get in your cabin won't let you do it. Your solution is either to bring a universal remote with you, or use your phone to change inputs. If you have fairly recent Samsung phone (Note 3/4, S4, S5, or any S6 variant), you can download an app, called "IR Remote" and use it. These phones have builtin app, based on Peel remote, but it's beyond horrible.

If you are fairly handy with your phone, and somewhat tech savvy, it will be walk in a park, and in 5 minutes you will be on it. If you are not very friendly with technology. it could be a problem for you. Cruiselines don't like when people screw around with TV, which is pretty upsetting. For example, some hotels actually have input panel by the bed. Plug in your laptop/phone/whatever a foot away from you, and picture is on TV. Cruiselines, not so much.

If I was a ship's engineer and had to deal with problems caused by people messing with the TV inputs I would try really hard to either have easily accessible inputs available or else to lock things down so tight that nobody could mess with them.

I deal with computer problems every day that are caused by "busy fingers".

If I was a ship's engineer and had to deal with problems caused by people messing with the TV inputs I would try really hard to either have easily accessible inputs available or else to lock things down so tight that nobody could mess with them.

I deal with computer problems every day that are caused by "busy fingers".

This is why allowing it and making it much easier, would be better for everyone. Give people a remote HDMI port. A button on remote "Ship's Video / Your Device."

Then you can watch these problems disappear.