Can we make it?

Kali22

Yay! It's another 'can I make' post. :)

Normally, we always fly in/out the day before/after, however, we are taking a last minute cruise and trying to do it on a budget.

We are traveling on the Carnival Ecstasy and scheduled to arrive into POM at 8 am and the flight is out of MIA at 11:25 am. We have been of the boat quite fast before, always keep our luggage with us and won't be checking any at the airport. Has anyone done it this close before or should we just suck it up and pay extra for a later flight?

Thank you!

I think you can do it also, but will you be worrying the entire time while you are on your cruise be worth the extra cash on another flight? For me It would depend on how much I was saving then there's the extra hotel costs too.

When are you going? Me and the family are doing our first cruise on Carnival Ecstacy out of Miami on Sept 28th. We also chose this cruise because it was cheap and we got flights for 23.00 each (46.00 round trip)way Detroit to Miami.

Edited by jefffrompawpaw

If the stars are with you, you'll make it.

If they aren't you won't and I really am not being funny about that.

Do self disembark, print out boarding passes ahead of time and move quickly.

Have I made it to the airport in Miami where I could have made this flight? Yes. But I have also encountered delays.

where it might have been very tight and not sure whether or not we could have made it.

You just never know.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

For an 11:25 flight you need to be at MIA by about 10:00 - earlier is better. If it is an international flight you need to be there 2+ hours early.

The cab ride from POM to MIA takes about 15-20 minutes (weekdays are tougher); as long as you are off the ship with bags and clear of customs/immigration before 9:30 you should be fine.

Good luck!

Wow! I wish I had found those flight deals. We are also flying from Detroit. We are cruising Oct 12-16.

Also, we were just near Paw Paw this weekend. Our good friends live in Mattawan.

I think you can do it also, but will you be worrying the entire time while you are on your cruise be worth the extra cash on another flight? For me It would depend on how much I was saving then there's the extra hotel costs too.

When are you going? Me and the family are doing our first cruise on Carnival Ecstacy out of Miami on Sept 28th. We also chose this cruise because it was cheap and we got flights for 23.00 each (46.00 round trip)way Detroit to Miami.

Edited by Kali22

Thanks for all the advice!

The price difference is only about $40 to fly out the next Delta flight. My husband is bigger on the time difference (getting home at 7 pm vs 2 pm).

I've looked into flying out of FLL instead, but then the price difference is about $100.

So I still haven't decided, but I appreciate the advice!

Wow! I wish I had found those flight deals. We are also flying from Detroit. We are cruising Oct 12-16.

Also, we were just near Paw Paw this weekend. Our good friends live in Mattawan.

We fly Spirit Air a lot because of some amazing deals. I went to Las Vegas from DET 3 times last year all flights were under 100.00 round trip.

Thats amazing you were just by here. Next time you visit your friends in Mattawan send me a message. Me and My wife own a restaurant here in Paw Paw.

Oh, really? What's it called? My friend's husband that lives in Mattawan grew up in Lawrence.

We fly Spirit Air a lot because of some amazing deals. I went to Las Vegas from DET 3 times last year all flights were under 100.00 round trip.

Thats amazing you were just by here. Next time you visit your friends in Mattawan send me a message. Me and My wife own a restaurant here in Paw Paw.

It's The Copper Grille.

We are American Cuisine Breakfast Lunch Dinner. We seat 240 people and our in out 8th year of business.

The restaurant is the reason I go to Vegas so much:) We can get away for 3-5 days at a time and not have to worry so much. Me and the wife are very hands on owners and we work 7 days a week. While we are in Vegas we always have our phones on us and handle business from there almost every day. The cruise will mean our phones will be off.

We are about to go on our very first cruise and I am super excited about it. I haven't grown tired of Vegas but I have been there over 40 the last 15 years. I posted in the roll call that I am excited and anxious at the same time. I don't know anything about cruises except what i have learned here on this message board.

The roll call has helped with some of the questions it just seems to be a small/slower not too involved thread.