Jr. Suite on Freedom of Seas

jillpra

I know I have seen it but perks specifically do you get with a Junior Suite on Freedom? Specifically, are you allowed to eat in Chops for breakfast. I already know about embarkation and debarkation. I'm assuming the biggest perk you DON'T get is the use of the concierge for the lounge, drinks, and assistance in making reservations. Trying to justify booking a JS next year over a GS for just the 2 of us. We did the GS a month ago and didn't use most of the perks.

Jill

Thread jack - was assigned 9244 one day after booking a W GTY rate. Cabins 9254 and 9354 are available - would you move and why?

I would switch to 9254.

9244 is directly across from the elevators and you could have noise from people standing waiting for the elevator.

9354 is right behind the hump and your view forward could be compromised a little.

IMO both 9254 and 9354 are better than 9244. Both are close to an elevator bank. It would depend whether or not you wanted to be closer to the forward elevator bank (theatre and solarium) or the aft elevator bank (MDR and WJ) and how important the forward view was.

I know I have seen it but perks specifically do you get with a Junior Suite on Freedom? Specifically, are you allowed to eat in Chops for breakfast. I already know about embarkation and debarkation. I'm assuming the biggest perk you DON'T get is the use of the concierge for the lounge, drinks, and assistance in making reservations. Trying to justify booking a JS next year over a GS for just the 2 of us. We did the GS a month ago and didn't use most of the perks.

Jill

JS perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

So on the Freedom does the JS sit in the suite lounge in the terminal and are the tub/shower configuration the same size as a GS tub/shower? Love the GS but did not use the perks enought to justify the difference in price! Thanks.

JS guests get to use the suite boarding area. Tub/shower is combined on the JS, but don't know about the size compared to a GS.

Edited by clarea

I would switch to 9254.

9244 is directly across from the elevators and you could have noise from people standing waiting for the elevator.

9354 is right behind the hump and your view forward could be compromised a little.

IMO both 9254 and 9354 are better than 9244. Both are close to an elevator bank. It would depend whether or not you wanted to be closer to the forward elevator bank (theatre and solarium) or the aft elevator bank (MDR and WJ) and how important the forward view was.

Thanks for the insight. In the end only 9354 was available so we switched to that. In retrospect I mistimed this booking. I should have waited until today to book when seemingly there are no more JSs are available yet the W GTY is still available. I have to assume anyone booking the W GTY after today will end up in a GS - the only thing left according to online inventory.

... I have to assume anyone booking the W GTY after today will end up in a GS - the only thing left according to online inventory.

There can be JS staterooms that come back into inventory. In other words, there is no guarantee or even likelihood that someone booking a "W" today will get a GS.

Edited by clarea