Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

I think those incidents simply happen where someone is working. The reason for the first fire was welding. As for today they don´t know yet. But there have been fires on the Norwegian Getaway and the Quantum of the Seas at the shipyard. So things happen. Usually there´s only a minor damage.

steamboats

Does this mean you can't book Joy from the US when she is sailing??

What I've heard (disclaimer: this is old, second/third-hand heresay!) is that people calling NCL and asking about this ship are flat out being told by NCL: This is a Chinese ship. If you are not Chinese you don't want to be on this ship. This ship isn't for you. If you want to sail Asia, perhaps consider the Star instead.

What [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33], we mad the Bigest one , ss Normandie, France ( norway), qm2,harmony...[emoji41]

Sorry to say... but I had to experience the French shipbuilding quality on the Harmony recently... Better pack your rubber boots when you want to walk over the pool deck (puddles everywhere). The Solarium "roof" is made out of some kind of plastic foil which is torn on many places already... just to mention the obvious...

steamboats

I am afraid No

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is not consistent with the Chinese staff I spoke with a week ago on the GEM. The staff are required to be trilingual (mandarin, Cantonese and English). The ship will sail with European and American guests. American's and Europeans are not the primary audience and sailing on the joy will be a cultural immersion cruise, I'm guessing that was what lead to the quote referenced above.

Look at the complaints on this site, now make English the last language for any and all announcements, change the way things are done to cater to an Asian market and think about how bad the complaints will be for those who are uninformed or unwilling to have a different experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the complaints on this site, now make English the last language for any and all announcements, change the way things are done to cater to an Asian market and think about how bad the complaints will be for those who are uninformed or unwilling to have a different experience

That will be one of reasons why NCL are not allowing American and European bookings which is a big shame

If people have to jump through hoops to book this ship, that reduces the chances of clueless Westerners ending up on board and complaining about all the Chinese stuff. I think that is a good thing.

All trilingual staff sounds very ambitious to me. In another thread (deleted), it was reported that they were planning to redeploy existing (non-Chinese speaking) crew from other ships to the Joy, and offering them language lessons. :eek: I seriously doubt you can go from zero to Mandarin (or from zero to Mandarin and Cantonese) between now and next summer, while working full-time on your current contract…

If people have to jump through hoops to book this ship, that reduces the chances of clueless Westerners ending up on board and complaining about all the Chinese stuff. I think that is a good thing.

All trilingual staff sounds very ambitious to me. In another thread (deleted), it was reported that they were planning to redeploy existing (non-Chinese speaking) crew from other ships to the Joy, and offering them language lessons. :eek: I seriously doubt you can go from zero to Mandarin (or from zero to Mandarin and Cantonese) between now and next summer, while working full-time on your current contract…

Might be behind the scenes/back of the house crew to ensure hotel operations go as planned?

edit; or technical for that matter, I bet NCL won't staff the Joy with inexperienced new crew? All eyes on her when she sets sail..

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Might be behind the scenes/back of the house crew to ensure hotel operations go as planned?

edit; or technical for that matter, I bet NCL won't staff the Joy with inexperienced new crew? All eyes on her when she sets sail..

That's for sure. They will be sending all their top notch officers and crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What hoops do we need to jump through to book. I would love to sail in Asia in the summer months I cannot go any other time and I don't care if the first language is Chinese or Martian.

Anyone any advice on where we can book?