Are spin classes offered?

PMGNJ04

We will be sailing October 31st on AOS and I am looking for any information someone may have on Spin classes.

Are there bikes, organized classes, fees's etc. I don't want to bring my spin shoes if I can't use them.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Going on the Adventure of the Seas on January. Does anyone have an update on the cost? How are the bikes?

I was hoping to get more detailed info on this since I posted it. We will be on the ship in 12 days and I will try to post an update when we get back.

My DD and SIL used the bikes for spinning classes in June. Bikes weren't very good quality - per them and I don't remember details. They spin at home several times a week and were disappointed in the class. Cost $25 per person.

I'm pretty sure it was $12pp (and they added an automatic gratuity - 18% I think) in June on Freedom. I always do a couple spin classes each cruise and there's no way I'd pay $25. The guy on Freedom was pretty good, some are not so good. Classes are usually 9am on sea days. You can use spin shoes, but I usually don't bring mine because of the added weight in my suitcase. Go up to the gym when you board and they'll have signup sheets.

Using a stationary bike really really really really really fast. ;)

As a retired Spinning instructor, I cringe when I hear comments like this, even when said in jest. There are so many other elements to a good class, and some classes are designed with no speed elements. Going fast in a controlled manner is certainly part of Spinning, but equally so is a long, slow hill climb.

As a retired Spinning instructor, I cringe when I hear comments like this, even when said in jest. There are so many other elements to a good class, and some classes are designed with no speed elements. Going fast in a controlled manner is certainly part of Spinning, but equally so is a long, slow hill climb.

But in answer to "what are you doing while you are spinning", it's a decent answer.

I did a spin class or two on Vision and it was about $12/class and I just used normal shoes.

Definitely sign up early, they fill up and it's not fun to stand around wondering if someone won't show up or not.

We will be sailing October 31st on AOS and I am looking for any information someone may have on Spin classes.

Are there bikes, organized classes, fees's etc. I don't want to bring my spin shoes if I can't use them.

Thanks in advance.

I was on the Allure last November. The spin classes on Allure are super high tech. It's a special type of spin class where you compete against each other. The cost was $25 per class but if you sign up for all 4 classes you get one free. The classes are always in the morning, usually on sea days. They were the best spin classes I have ever participated in and I pushed myself hard. You can actually see how hard you're working rather than guessing with the dial. Totally worth it to me. And they have the spin shoes for you so don't bring yours! Make sure you sign up early in the gym because these classes can fill up. Enjoy!!!

Edited by Beaching It

I just got done teaching an all hill class of varying cadences this week. I love some hills!

I've been on Adventure and Oasis (Allure sister ship.) The stated prices so far are correct, at least to my memory. I used the track on Allure instead (to run), since I didn't want to spend the money. However, from what I saw, they had a special, dedicated room with all the bells and whistles.

On Adventure you need to bring your own shoes if you want to clip in, and not all bikes have clips, I believe. Some bikes were newer than others. I just used my regular shoes since I didn't want to bring my shoes.

The spaces filled up fast, but there were plenty of no-shows, especially if the class was early so don't get discouraged. Just show up and you can probably get a spot. You can sign up ahead of time at the gym. I think you can do it doing the spa tours, but I'm not sure.

Koohiichan

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, here is the info regarding spinning on AOS.

They have life fitness bikes and pulse cycle bikes. They do have bikes that you can clip into if you have your own shoes. The cost was $12 per class and classes were offered 3 or 4 times during the week, always in the morning.

Regards,

As promised, here is the info regarding spinning on AOS.

They have life fitness bikes and pulse cycle bikes. They do have bikes that you can clip into if you have your own shoes. The cost was $12 per class and classes were offered 3 or 4 times during the week, always in the morning.

Regards,

Thanks for the update! :)