paying difference on wine package

brian1

hi,last year on the emerald baltic cruise i bought the silver package and the only rose i drink was $28, this year it is $30.would i be allowed to pay the $1 difference on the star in december?cheers,brian.

You can absolutely purchase more expensive wine and just pay the difference. We've done it many times. If I remember correctly, you'll see the full charge for the wine on your bill and also a credit. The difference between the two should be the $1 in your example. I do make a point of checking my bill every few days when I do this just to make sure all is well. Sometimes it takes a day or so for the bill to reflect everything properly. Enjoy the cruise and the wine!

What southwestgal posted was also our experience. A little cumbersome receiving a charge for the bottle of wine and then a $29 credit but it worked. About a third of the bottles we ordered were over the $29 limit. With the price increases on the new wine list, that percentage might even be higher.

Edited by IECalCruiser

You can absolutely purchase more expensive wine and just pay the difference. We've done it many times. If I remember correctly, you'll see the full charge for the wine on your bill and also a credit. The difference between the two should be the $1 in your example. I do make a point of checking my bill every few days when I do this just to make sure all is well. Sometimes it takes a day or so for the bill to reflect everything properly. Enjoy the cruise and the wine!

What southwestgal posted was also our experience. A little cumbersome receiving a charge for the bottle of wine and then a $29 credit but it worked. About a third of the bottles we ordered were over the $29 limit. With the price increases on the new wine list, that percentage might even be higher.

I've had it done this way but also just adding the extra cost instead. With both procedures there is no additional 15% tip added to the extra cost which was another savings factor.

If the price of bottles has gone up, perhaps the package price goes up too?

Hopefully not & we paid the same price for the wine package in April which had higher individual wine bottle prices. We purchased the gold package (up to $45) because the wine we wanted to try was in that price range & with the package is $28 per bottle (plus tip).