Live - at snail's pace- from Sojourn

Nigella

Interesting to see that the comments here about 7 day cruises echo those of our own. We now tend to stay home if we can't find a longer cruise to suit us (so no SB for us this year, sadly). I also agree with Mr. Luxury that back to back doesn't solve the problem either - just as you get to know people , they are getting off.

Unfortunately other commitments mean that we can't do many long cruises so 10-12 days is our preferred length at present and there are not as many of these to choose from as I would like. Looking forward to having the time for 14 days and longer sometime soon.

Edited by marama

Vitor?

I have seen him be incredibly rude to his staff and he plays to his favorite few passengers on the cruises we have sailed on- as if no one else on the ship mattered or would notice.

Other than that, he is OK. But hardly comparable to those hotel managers that are more calm, fair and sophisticated. I can name 3 of them but won't do so.

Happy sailing!

Vitor?

I have seen him be incredibly rude to his staff and he plays to his favorite few passengers on the cruises we have sailed on- as if no one else on the ship mattered or would notice.

Other than that, he is OK. But hardly comparable to those hotel managers that are more calm, fair and sophisticated. I can name 3 of them but won't do so.

Happy sailing!

Spot on Markham,this is my experience of him.

Often referred to as, "The Invisible Man".

I concur.

We only saw him for a few seconds as we embarked, then never again.

I mentioned upthread that the crew seemed unsettled. My husband said he felt that many of them weren't as upbeat and cheerful as usual.

I concur.

We only saw him for a few seconds as we embarked, then never again.

I mentioned upthread that the crew seemed unsettled. My husband said he felt that many of them weren't as upbeat and cheerful as usual.

Part of that could come from the Captain. I've seen the same crew under different captains and there was a marked difference in their attitude.

Vitor?

Happy sailing!

Exactly. I don't even talk to him anymore, it's a waste of breath.

It seems that not only do cruise lengths have a significant impact on the overall experience, but also that different Captains, Hotel Managers, Cruise Directors make a big difference on Seabourn. One would hope that a line of this caliber would provide a more consistent product, not so dependent upon differences in key personnel.

It seems that not only do cruise lengths have a significant impact on the overall experience, but also that different Captains, Hotel Managers, Cruise Directors make a big difference on Seabourn. One would hope that a line of this caliber would provide a more consistent product, not so dependent upon differences in key personnel.

That's one of Regents issues, especially in the dining room. Get a specific good server and have a good night. Get one of the bad servers and enjoy a long wait for a different tables food.

This cruise had a terrific itinerary, one that I would have really enjoyed. And I have enjoyed reading all the commentary. Sorry that the food/service was off, but I am not surprised. Vitor? On our 68-day Sojourn experience, he was the Hot Man, and I heard stories of his interactions with staff where he crossed the line that made me shake my head and sigh. So not surprised that it might be carried forward in food and service quality. I guess this position is really key to the operation of Seabourn.

Vitor AND 68 days? I thought he was in charge of the new Encore build. So i guess they could spare him, after all.

Moving along, this is why I like to ask the Club Concierge who the capt., HM, CD and MD are for my future cruises. They can usually confirm staffing a good month beforehand. That way I know more about the cruise officers and personnel AND can thereby adjust my expectations.

Happy sailing!

Oh! We have been looking forward to our first SB cruise on Sojourn in February. I have high expectations from everything I have read about the cruise line. Guess I'll have to lower those if I see Vitor :eek: is part of our crew. Maybe we will be fortunate and he'll be off ship then!

Vitor AND 68 days? I thought he was in charge of the new Encore build. So i guess they could spare him, after all.

Moving along, this is why I like to ask the Club Concierge who the capt., HM, CD and MD are for my future cruises. They can usually confirm staffing a good month beforehand. That way I know more about the cruise officers and personnel AND can thereby adjust my expectations.

Happy sailing!

Markham: My 68 days now feel a bit like ancient history...the cruise started in January, 2014, and Vitor was with us the whole time. Maybe this was before the Encore build? Anyway, enough said! I've moved on.

Markham: My 68 days now feel a bit like ancient history...the cruise started in January, 2014, and Vitor was with us the whole time. Maybe this was before the Encore build? Anyway, enough said! I've moved on.

We took the Hong Kong-Singapore segment on that world cruise, so I'm assuming Vitor was still onboard then?

Oh! We have been looking forward to our first SB cruise on Sojourn in February. I have high expectations from everything I have read about the cruise line. Guess I'll have to lower those if I see Vitor :eek: is part of our crew. Maybe we will be fortunate and he'll be off ship then!

We have just got off Sojourn and panic not, a wonderful cruise, sit back and enjoy the experience.

We took the Hong Kong-Singapore segment on that world cruise, so I'm assuming Vitor was still onboard then?

We disembarked in Hong Kong after sailing from Los Angeles. Not sure if Vitor stayed, but I think so.

We disembarked in Hong Kong after sailing from Los Angeles. Not sure if Vitor stayed, but I think so.

Yes, I remember now that you disembarked as we embarked, as we've talked about not meeting up on it previously.

I'm curious about this because that was our favourite SB cruise so far, must dig out my copies of the Herald to check if he did stay.