Anthem of the Seas - view from balcony suite on deck 12 with struts?

Blondynka

My husband and I booked the guarantee, and we just got assigned a room mid-ship (yay-more stable!) on deck 12 (also yay-nice and high!). However, after some google-ing, I learned that in the section we will be in, the large struts that support the upper decks of the ship will connect with our balcony. Not a big deal for me, but I know my husband may not be happy if the view is obstructed. Does anyone have any photos/insight?

Thanks in advance :)

Unless your view is blocked by a wall, I don't consider it obstructed! If there is a beam in the corner, you will simply look around/past it! It's sort of like looking out a car window...just because the window starts at about shoulder height, no one thinks their view outside the car is "obstructed"!

I had the family connected rooms on deck 12 on Quantum. I had the junior suite and a balcony room beside each other and was so convinced that my cruise would be ruined because of these struts. There was NO impact. The struts are not noticeable and does not obstruct the view. I would book this deck if I end up on Anthem without hesitation.

I had the family connected rooms on deck 12 on Quantum. I had the junior suite and a balcony room beside each other and was so convinced that my cruise would be ruined because of these struts. There was NO impact. The struts are not noticeable and does not obstruct the view. I would book this deck if I end up on Anthem without hesitation.

That's so great to hear! You have fully quelled any hesitation I had about keeping this room. THANK YOU :)