Emergency number to give to loved ones

shari1737

The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis.

Our team will take down the caller's name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team onboard.

I always leave my cruise plans with the number ( ship, dates, and room number) as well just in case,

I always wonder about this topic?

Are you planning to fly home from your cruise if there is a problem? I am not sure I'd want folks at home to call me to tell me about anything as I couldn't do much about it until I got home anyway.

It may sound selfish but when I cruise I want to be totally focused on the ship and the ports and not on what is going on at home.

I know that everyone travels differently though so glad you have gotten the phone number.

Are you planning to fly home from your cruise if there is a problem? I am not sure I'd want folks at home to call me to tell me about anything as I couldn't do much about it until I got home anyway.

It may sound selfish but when I cruise I want to be totally focused on the ship and the ports and not on what is going on at home.

I know that everyone travels differently though so glad you have gotten the phone number.

We give our family instructions, in no uncertain terms, not to give us any bad news that we can't do anything about while we're gone on the cruise. Because of DH's health our cruises are a very big deal for us. I don't need to be worrying about something I can't do anything about.

We give our family instructions, in no uncertain terms, not to give us any bad news that we can't do anything about while we're gone on the cruise. Because of DH's health our cruises are a very big deal for us. I don't need to be worrying about something I can't do anything about.

agree. our dogs happen to get ill or die (heaven forbid) dont call us. what are we going to do!? cant do anything! I remember John Heald posted this on his FB page one day saying there were people who left mid cruise to go home because they were informed their pet died. I love my dogs DEARLY, but im not leaving mid cruise because they died. i dont want to know something like that mid cruise, and then be upset the rest of cruising time!

I totally agree. I will deal with things when I get home and that includes a death.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone in my family were to have a life threatening event, or die, while I'm on vacation, I'd certainly want to know, so I could fly home from the next port. I enjoy cruising as much as anyone, but there are more important things in life. JMHO. We've had to cancel two of our last four cruises, mere days before sailing, because of close family members falling very ill. Yeah, it sucks. But it's the right thing to do. Besides, what kind of person could enjoy vacationing while their parent, or in-law, or sibling is lying in a hospital bed fighting for their life? I could not, and I'd like to think this holds true for the majority.

I would absolutely return home if one of my children or parent became gravely ill or in an accident. I would never miss a funeral for immediate family because I'm on a cruise. I'm going home and will cruise another time.

I also have insurance that hopefully would help if this happened. I hope I never have to find out.

My MIL became ill and passed away 7 years while we were on an Alaskan cruise. It happened on Friday and we were due to fly home on Saturday so we continued on with our cruise and regular flight plans. We had known that she was sick and called home everyday for updates. Had to hit the ground running when we landed, though. Sad thing to happen on your 50th birthday Alaskan cruise.

This topic is great reminder on why you need passports. While CCL does not require one, most countries do require a passport. If, god forbid, you had to leave a cruise out of a foreign port a passport would be required

Very true. A good reminder about travel insurance too. It's a bummer having to head home right in the middle of a long anticipated vacation. It's an even bigger bummer if you don't have insurance, and can't recoup that loss.