Pacific Princess Holiday cruise info needed

rwstout

I just booked the 12/17 Panama cruise. I am looking for information on the Pacific princess during the holidays. Do they do they have all the same offerings as the other ships? This ships tends to not have as many children. I will be traveling with my husband and my 14 daughter and 18 year old son. Do you think this will not be as fun for them? Will there be things for them to do?

We love traveling during the the holidays.

If you read PescadoAmarillo's blog from last year, you can get a feel for the holidays. She & her DH spent several months on her last year including Xma & New Year. It is located here: http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.ca/

If you haven't done so yet, come on over to our roll call and log in. We have a spread sheet started, it is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-BWj_qQ5VHOhY20qUPy0X-QQ-0wAsLSY70zLsVaRJg/edit?usp=sharing

Our roll call is not very big, but then neither is the ship;)

From what I have read, there are kid's activities, but you are right, there shouldn't be very many kids. School, long trip, expensive...tends to thin out the young ones.

I just booked the 12/17 Panama cruise. I am looking for information on the Pacific princess during the holidays. Do they do they have all the same offerings as the other ships? This ships tends to not have as many children. I will be traveling with my husband and my 14 daughter and 18 year old son. Do you think this will not be as fun for them? Will there be things for them to do?

We love traveling during the the holidays.

The one thing you have going for you is that it will be a warm cruise and the kids can use the pool every day. Are your children easily entertained? The ship is small so it does not have all the bells and whistles. It also attracts an older crowd so not a lot of late night activities. On the plus side since you love to travel you will have interesting ports to break up your cruise and with possible long day tours the family will be ready to take it easy at night. One thing I found was the buffet does close early which leaves you room service if you get the late night munchies. If I remember correctly no Movies Under The Stars which is something we like

I have read the post and I am glad that I did made me feel so much better. The kids are entertained easily. There first cruise ever was in 2011 and it was a 14 day on the Amsterdam. This is a small ship but not as small. We do like the holiday trips because no cooking or cleaning. We love the caroling and cookie making that we find at Christmas. Last year for Christmas we did the 15 day RT to Hawaii.

Edited by rwstout

I have read the post and I am glad that I did made me feel so much better. The kids are entertained easily. There first cruise ever was in 2011 and it was a 14 day on the Amsterdam. This is a small ship but not as small. We do like the holiday trips because no cooking or cleaning. We love the caroling and cookie making that we find at Christmas. Last year for Christmas we did the 15 day RT to Hawaii.

Ok Mom. I think the cooking and cleaning is a mom thing. :) But with that said you will have a wonderful time and sounds like you will not have any issues but which cookie to choose.

I don't know if you are aware of this information from the Princess website:

Small Ship Sailing

Children are welcome on all Princess cruise ships, but facilities vary. Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess do not have dedicated Youth Centers or Teen Lounges. Programs are available on these vessels only when 20 or more children ages 3 to 17 are sailing.

Due to the lack of children's facilities on these ships, most people would choose a different ship if they were traveling with teenagers. It really depends on your teenagers. If they like hanging out with their parents and don't mind not having a "teen zone" with video games, etc., then it's probably fine.

Also, there's only one swimming pool, and it's salt water. When we sailed on her, I really missed having a freshwater pool and the MUTS.

The month that I spent on this ship was over Thanksgiving (we got off the ship on Dec. 23'rd). I think there were maybe five kids on the ship. There were lots of decorations though and a beautiful display of gingerbread houses.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Thanks everyone. does anyone have pictures from the rooms and around the ship at Christmas time.

You will not get Christmas pictures, but if you can get an Oceania brochure , you will have an idea of what the ship looks like. It is the sister ship to the Oceania smaller ships. Regatta and Nautica