Why all the Carnival Sunshine hate? Should I avoid it?

dulcemariamar

Huh, I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about???

Lol, wrote on my iPhone in a check out line at a grocery store, reading it I have no idea either. My bad, I was actually commenting on the quote you quoted, about hundreds (interpretation) of buckets to catch leaks, so many so that you could have your own. Which is hard to believe (read that as I do not). Not disputing your post.

Or maybe the "bashers" have better things to do than argue with strangers on the internet about something that is a matter of personal preferences. I personally prefer not to have the carpet in my cabin soaked with water during my cruise but maybe others don't mind. It's not worth arguing over IMO.

Maybe it is time find a more upscale cruise line. Might even have dry carpet.:):):)

Lol, wrote on my iPhone in a check out line at a grocery store, reading it I have no idea either. My bad, I was actually commenting on the quote you quoted, about hundreds (interpretation) of buckets to catch leaks, so many so that you could have your own. Which is hard to believe (read that as I do not). Not disputing your post.

Cracked me up!

Here's my take on the situation. Reviews are usually based on peoples likes and dislikes You can read the reviews , but you've got to decide based on what YOU like and dislike , not others. We've never sailed the Sunshine , but are booked for a 9 day Journeys cruise in April. I've read what seems like hundreds of reviews of the ship , both good and bad. There are some consistent themes such as too small pool area , tiny comedy club and small showroom compared to other ships. Even fans of the ship seem to concede these points. So , if your a huge fan of spending all of your free time aboard ship in the pool area , maybe not the ship for you. If it's important to attend the comedy club , shows, etc. it seems like your going to have to give up some of your time getting there early and waiting for show to start. Again , if you feel like having to do this is just a giant waste of time , maybe not the ship to book.

Opinions seem to be widely varied on other issues , such as food quality , overcrowding , etc. Some say it's terrible , some say absolutely no problem. Who's right ????? Again , I think it's a matter of perspective. How else can you have two people review the exact same cruise and come up with two absolutely different points of view.

I think the last thing to keep in mind is EXPECTATIONS. You're travelling on a 20 yr old, updated ship, on a line that caters to the more budget minded cruiser. So, if you board expecting a 5 star hotel experience, with gourmet dining 24 hrs a day, and waited on hand and foot by the most well trained staff at sea.... guess what, you might just be disappointed. However, if you board expecting a good vacation value for the money, you might be pleasantly surprised at how good a time you have. Will there be glitches...almost certainly. Will everything go exactly as planned...very rarely. Could it be worse....almost definitely.

So , come next April , here's what I'm expecting. We're on a cruise , going to 4 ports we've never seen. To see all of these varied sights I wont have to pack, unpack, figure out how to get from one island to the next, my floating hotel will take care of that for me. I'll have availability to all varieties of nutrition almost 24 hrs per day. Varied forms of entertainment available just about whenever I want it. Seems like the fun is there to be had if I let it happen !!

The answer is quite different, while it is the same hull and propulsion system much of the insides are completely different. Have you been on the Destiny?

No, I haven't been on the Destiny. I've read the history, but it didn't go into much detail. I understand about the water parks, bars and restaurants. I want to know how the cabins are different.

No, I haven't been on the Destiny. I've read the history, but it didn't go into much detail. I understand about the water parks, bars and restaurants. I want to know how the cabins are different.

There were new cabins added above the bridge, on the first floor forward, and follows 10 and 11, also some changes to some aft cabins. Inside the cabins, they were updated to the new look and feel, but a Carnival cabin is more or less a carnival cabin.

Rock712 - well said, you've hit the nail on the head! I was on the Sunshine in May 2015 and absolutely loved it. I've been on the Inspiration, Dream, Fantasy (3x), Ecstasy, Victory (2x), Glory (3x), and lastly the Sunshine.

Yes, it's laid out differently, but well appointed with amenities. Are there places you feel like the ship is giving you a hug? You bet, and I hugged back. I look forward to sailing that ship again someday (hopefully soon.)

Next up, the Fascination in 2 weeks. Making our way around the fleet, 1 ship at a time ;-)

You won't be disappointed. Smooth sailing!