11:36 am flight out of MIA - Self assist?

HawksFan74

We (Wife, 4 yo DD, and I) have an 11:36 am flight out of MIA after disembarking Splendor (at the POM) on Dec 13. We have already purchased FTTF, so would presumably get Zone 1 luggage tags. Would that give us enough time, or do we need to do the self assist? Physically, I think we can do self assist, but it would certainly be easier if we didn't have to.

Just a note about our flight time: When I booked, the flight was scheduled for 11:50 am, which seemed "close enough" to the recommended noon or later departure time. United has since moved the flight up to 11:36, which is only 14 minutes earlier, but psychologically, it "feels" more like half an hour, as we are now leaving "just after 11:30", as opposed to "almost noon."

Does FTTF give you a "zone 1" disembarkation number. If so you won't have a problem unless the ship is late to Miami. A suggestion:

Make sure your luggage is easily identifiable...bright colored ribbons, etc. The worst part of debakation, early, is finding your luggage. After that its a breeze.

I've not done self debarkation needing to meet a flight, so when I went to get my luggage, it wasn't in it's designated spot. It was in another area:eek: Thanks to my brightly colored tape I spotted it not nearby:D I would not have appreciated the circumstance if I had to meet a flight, it was bad enough imagining someone else had taken it.

We got zone 1 last cruise with FTTF. But I'd do self assist with that early of a flight. We had FTTF on a cruise and did the zone 1 and we were sat in a random room which seemed like forever while all these other people kept getting off. I'd rather be safe and off that boat and to the airport asap. MIA can have very, very long lines on cruise days. In july we waited at the check in counter for over an hour just to give them our luggage. It was a mess. Our flight was at 12 pm and we had plenty of time with self assist.

My advice is to do self-assist and be off the ship by 8:15am and one of the first in line for a cab. That will give you more than enough time to make it to the airport and be relaxed along the way. Depending on the day (weekday vs. weekend) you may see some traffic, but most of it will be flowing in the opposite direction from the airport.

Some ships allow you to pay $20 per person to have Carnival transport your luggage to the airport and check it in for you. (Plus any airline luggage fees.). I would do that if it's available and do self-assist with just your carry-on luggage.

We (Wife, 4 yo DD, and I) have an 11:36 am flight out of MIA after disembarking Splendor (at the POM) on Dec 13. We have already purchased FTTF, so would presumably get Zone 1 luggage tags. Would that give us enough time, or do we need to do the self assist? Physically, I think we can do self assist, but it would certainly be easier if we didn't have to.

Just a note about our flight time: When I booked, the flight was scheduled for 11:50 am, which seemed "close enough" to the recommended noon or later departure time. United has since moved the flight up to 11:36, which is only 14 minutes earlier, but psychologically, it "feels" more like half an hour, as we are now leaving "just after 11:30", as opposed to "almost noon."

That is plenty of time for any type disembarkation. With a zone 1 tag you will be at the airport before 9:00. Even with the last zone you should be at the airport by 10:15 which is plenty early enough for your flight.

Edited by zqvol

I would recommend that you check-in on-line for your flight the day before and print your boarding passes. That should save you some time at the airport. Not sure if Guest Services will do it for you. If not, just go to the Internet café and take care of it.

If you have already done your on-line check-in with Carnival, go back and change your flight information. With that early of a flight, you should be given Zone 1 (but I do believe that FTTF gives you that).

Per Carnival's web site, "Debarkation Choices We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport"

Although, not IDEAL with a toddler, I would do the self assist just to make sure you allow yourself AMPLE time to get to the airport.

We did a 10:50 am out of FLL last year, after departing the Breeze in MIA. Plenty of time to spare, even with the 35 minute drive to FLL.

Better to be safe than sorry!

Good Luck!:D:D:D