Island Tours?

NCTribeFan

Meant to come back and post here about our day in Tortola in early December.

We did exit the ship and walk to the taxi/tourist area (they're doing construction and there's nothing right there at the pier at this point). There was a safari taxi almost full and we got the last two seats. $20 per person.

I thought it was a very good value. We saw the entire island and had a relatively-short beach stop. Time enough for a drink and a quick swim, if you wanted. Would have had a little more time except for "that" one couple.

Here's what I posted in my review thread...

Finally, after we'd waited for one particular couple to return to the bus at one stop (they were the last ones every single time), I just had to say "last ones again" as they strolled up to board. "I had surgery on my foot xx weeks ago!!!" Well, that may be. None of us noticed her having any issue walking at the earlier stops. Here's an thought, though! If you're having a bit of trouble walking around, perhaps you shouldn't wander quite as far from the bus. And how about this? Perhaps you shouldn't wait to be THE LAST FREAKING PEOPLE TO HEAD BACK TO THE BUS EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Sheesh. Why are people so inconsiderate? If they'd wanted extra time and to be able to take things more slowly, they should've booked a private tour. But no! Let's make every person wait for us all day. :mad:

Here are a few photos...

23604603631_64a37e80cd_b.jpg[/url]

23660782566_3a5a5898a7_b.jpg

23391368910_7c421a5ca4_b.jpg

23391361560_930bfc2023_b.jpg

It's a lovely island and I enjoyed seeing so much. Next time, I'll probably head to Virgin Gorda, but I'm glad I did the taxi tour for my first visit.

Meant to come back and post here about our day in Tortola in early December.

We did exit the ship and walk to the taxi/tourist area (they're doing construction and there's nothing right there at the pier at this point). There was a safari taxi almost full and we got the last two seats. $20 per person.

I thought it was a very good value. We saw the entire island and had a relatively-short beach stop. Time enough for a drink and a quick swim, if you wanted. Would have had a little more time except for "that" one couple.

Here's what I posted in my review thread...

Finally, after we'd waited for one particular couple to return to the bus at one stop (they were the last ones every single time), I just had to say "last ones again" as they strolled up to board. "I had surgery on my foot xx weeks ago!!!" Well, that may be. None of us noticed her having any issue walking at the earlier stops. Here's an thought, though! If you're having a bit of trouble walking around, perhaps you shouldn't wander quite as far from the bus. And how about this? Perhaps you shouldn't wait to be THE LAST FREAKING PEOPLE TO HEAD BACK TO THE BUS EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Sheesh. Why are people so inconsiderate? If they'd wanted extra time and to be able to take things more slowly, they should've booked a private tour. But no! Let's make every person wait for us all day. :mad:

Here are a few photos...

It's a lovely island and I enjoyed seeing so much. Next time, I'll probably head to Virgin Gorda, but I'm glad I did the taxi tour for my first visit.

Thanks for reporting back! It is too bad that couple was so inconsiderate to others on the tour...But glad you wre able to see Tortola, it is a beautiful island with amazing hilltop views!

are there certain safari taxis you recommend or you just take whatever is there. Thanks.

As Rosebriarmary reported in another thread you'll find a visitor center off the pier with staff whi can direct you to the taxis depending on whether you want an island tour with or without a beach stop, or just a ride to a beach. So just look for a taxi providing a tour or ride you are looking for.

Yes, just follow the walkway through the construction area and you'll arrive at the tourist center. There were people standing there asking what you wanted to do and there was also a window. Probably had maps (I may have one in my bag). He may have asked whether we wanted a beach stop; I don't remember. We just told him an island tour; he said $20 per person and put us on a bus just waiting for two more, so our timing was perfect. If you don't want one, I'm sure they can put you on a different bus. It was all very easy.