Bahia Mar Hotel, FLL

sail7seas

Funny you should ask about the Bahia Mar. When we went for our first time ever to Ft Lauderdale in April for our Panama cruise we had pre-booked the Bahia Mar. We did it under the Hilton Honors website (if you book make sure you join first to compare prices).

Anyway, after your rave reviews we changed to the Hyatt Pier 66 Tower king room. It was lovely and thank you for that nudge. I was disappointed that there is no water taxi close by any longer though but we knew that in advance.

However, next time we'd like to try a different area and the Bahia Mar is on our radar again. If you do stay there it will be interesting to see what you think of it.

Good luck on your decision sail7seas...have always respected your posts and help in the past.

I stayed there years ago when it was the Radisson Bahia Mar. I'm sure it's different now, but wanted to comment on the location - which we really, really liked. I can remember walking to dinners and shopping nearby, as well as the water taxi.

Having recently lost my son, I completely understand why you would want to change up the hotel. I have a very difficult time doing some of the things we did as a family, and we are trying hard to make new traditions that honor the old, but are different.

Just a quick review of the Bahia Mar as promised. We stayed in the Marina building with a view of the parking lot. The room itself was very clean and modern/updated. Didn't notice the musty/dampness other guests have mentioned on tripadvisor/other review sites. We did notice the rooms have pretty thin walls and had some young adults partying next to us which made it hard to sleep but hey, I was once too a 20 yr old lol. My only other complaint was there seemed to be a lot of doors opening and closing all night long which we could hear and feel while we were trying to sleep. We received warm cookies upon checkin which was a nice treat. Overall I'd stay here again.

Thank you so much to remember coming back to comment about the hotel. I so appreciate your kindness to do this. Your comments about the hotel are very helpful. You seem a very generous guest to 'understand' about the noises disturbing your sleep. Hope you had a good trip overall. :)

Everyone who commented above...... my sincere thanks. I need all the advice I can get.

I have not yet booked a hotel and am still deciding what will work best for me. I think the choices I make now will be most important to my hope of continuing to travel. If I make bad choices on my first several 'outings', I fear I will become less likely to go again. My needs really are very different now. I like the location of that hotel, easy beach access, choices nearby for a bite to eat. When winter sets in here, I suspect I will want some warm sun to heat these old bones and FLL is my comfort zone. :)

I haven't even decided if I will combine a cruise/hotel stay. One choice at a time. :)

Edited by sail7seas