Royal Promenade vs Interior on Adventure of the Seas

I am booking an accessible cabin for a cruise next year on the AOS. A Royal Promenade room just opened up for booking for only $50 more than the Interior.

I have never sailed this class ship, so I have no clue what the benefits vs the downside to these rooms are. Any insight would be helpful.

I am booking an accessible cabin for a cruise next year on the AOS. A Royal Promenade room just opened up for booking for only $50 more than the Interior.

I have never sailed this class ship, so I have no clue what the benefits vs the downside to these rooms are. Any insight would be helpful.

Some people like the novelty of looking out at the Promenade. Some might also feel less claustrophobic because of the addition of the window. My own preference would be to stay in the inside, because I prefer the layout of the inside to the PR, and also the lack of privacy in the PR stateroom when the drapes are open.

Promenade cabins are quite nice, in my opinion. If I'm not booking a cabin with a balcony, it'll probably be a Promenade cabin.

The cabin has the benefit of letting in some light, so the room isn't as dark and "closet-feeling" as a regular inside cabin.

Downside: You should remember to close the curtains when you're getting dressed so as not to inadvertently flash others including those in Promenade cabins across from you. There are both opaque and sheer curtains, so if you want light but some casual privacy, the sheer curtains may be enough.

Some people like the novelty of looking out at the Promenade. Some might also feel less claustrophobic because of the addition of the window. My own preference would be to stay in the inside, because I prefer the layout of the inside to the PR, and also the lack of privacy in the PR stateroom when the drapes are open.

On AD now....I can tell you that the PR room would most likely get noise from the PR until around midnight many nights as there are parties with music (70s/glow, etc)

On AD now....I can tell you that the PR room would most likely get noise from the PR until around midnight many nights as there are parties with music (70s/glow, etc)

Thanks skiiergirl. Tons of noise may not be my thing.....I will consult with my other half. Please post your thoughts on the ship, food and itineraries if you can. :-)

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas Saturday and had a wonderful cruise. The staff and the food were awesome. We were in a PR cabin and I would not book one again. They are noisy!! We were on Oasis in a boardwalk balcony cabin and never heard a thing, but our cabin on the Adventure was very noisy. You heard everything from the promenade, and the music most nights played until midnight. I really liked the layout of the cabin, but the noise would keep us from booking another one.

On the Voyager class (and now the Freedom) we book PR's exclusively on the 7th deck (6 is too low, 8 is too high). We have never been bothered by the noise. The only time it is loud is during parades and shows, but even then it isn't bad and we aren't trying to sleep at those times.

For mid afternoon power naps there is a nice muted hum of white noise.

If I don't book a balcony cabin, I prefer the PR cabins over an inside or even an outside window!:rolleyes: I enjoy people watching from the window if I'm in the room. We usually book a PR on Deck 8 (this is not too high), as the window is slanted out over the Promenade more than the others, for a better view IMHO.;) No noise up there either! We try to book either Deck 8 or 7 but have also been happy on Deck 6. Closing the drapes is no big deal either. Booked an inside on our first cruise and hated being in a dark closet!!:eek: No flaming as this is just my preference!

Edited by SilkySal
correct spelling

Definitely take the PR if you can, after having done interior and PR I'd always go for PR.

The interior rooms are too claustrophobic for me, the promenade lights change through the day to be time appropriate so it feels like you've got some natural light - and there's a nice seating area.

As for privacy, there are two sets of curtains (or drapes). Some light mesh ones that give you privacy but let in the light etc, and some thicker ones for darkness. I never felt like my privacy was compromised, and the sound wasn't an issue for us either. The promenade parties finish about 10pm, and I'm up waaaaay later than that.