Enhanced sail away party coming soon according to John Heald

Ralphinsc

I for one am very happy to hear this. I first started cruising not that long ago(about 10 years ago) and even then I remember the sail away parties being a big deal and everybody on the ship was at it. It was so much fun! Just got off my last cruise this past July and I think there may have been about 100 people on lido for it.

Im not even sure that much has to be done in way of activities. I wish they would complete the muster drill before we take off. Get some extreme hype going through the ship for it. Have people checking you in mention the big party at sail away on lido and have it announced many times over the speakers. Just generate some buzz around the ships. Get the steel drums back. I like the idea of some free rum punch or something. The streamers are cool too. It has always been one of my favorite moments of any cruise.

The last few cruises we have been on out of Miami, the muster drill dragged on and on. I one case we had already turned and were near Fisher Island before the Muster was over. Then you had to climb from 5 to 10 using the stairs.

Carnival needs to finish the Muster before the ship pulls away from the Dock, or wait until at sea to hold the Muster.

Has anything been announced yet? Just wondering if I missed it.

It was just a blurb on John Heald's Facebook page yesterday. No real details of what exactly will be involved or an exact rollout date. He did say the changes will be coming in the next few months and that it will be a sizeable investment.

I actually think it's a good idea. It's one of the areas where I think Disney excels, and I believe that it sets the tone for the entire cruise. If you lure people in at the beginning of the cruise, they will be more likely to partake of entertainment options from that point on. The Disney sailaways definitely create a sense of community amongst the passengers and are a much better way to introduce the staff than the far less interactive "Welcome Aboard Show".

I actually think it's a good idea. It's one of the areas where I think Disney excels, and I believe that it sets the tone for the entire cruise. If you lure people in at the beginning of the cruise, they will be more likely to partake of entertainment options from that point on. The Disney sailaways definitely create a sense of community amongst the passengers and are a much better way to introduce the staff than the far less interactive "Welcome Aboard Show".

I agree with it setting the tone. When we sailed the Breeze with Matt Mitcham, the sail away party was so much fun and it got everyone into the spirit.

Pat

I really like the idea of it too! From what I heard about the days past, the sail away parties used to be a great time. I think they are trying to do this on the Legends cruises. Maybe those who go on the Legends cruises can tell us what their sail away party is like and maybe that will give us an idea of what to expect?

We are on the Breeze in January so maybe they will have this party implemented by then! I'm hoping it's more than the stupid line dancing they have now, because when it's just a line dance, we just skip it! If it were something more fun we would probably check it out.

The last few cruises we have been on out of Miami, the muster drill dragged on and on. I one case we had already turned and were near Fisher Island before the Muster was over. Then you had to climb from 5 to 10 using the stairs.

Carnival needs to finish the Muster before the ship pulls away from the Dock, or wait until at sea to hold the Muster.

I have never been on a cruise were the ship sets sail before the muster drill is completed. I didn't think they were allowed to sail before muster is completed.

I haven't seen a tug on a sail away in the last 10 years.

While I do not disagree per-se, we had a tug along side of us during sail away from New York last year. It was interesting and could only attribute it to the current in the Hudson river.

I really like the idea of it too! From what I heard about the days past, the sail away parties used to be a great time. I think they are trying to do this on the Legends cruises. Maybe those who go on the Legends cruises can tell us what their sail away party is like and maybe that will give us an idea of what to expect?

We are on the Breeze in January so maybe they will have this party implemented by then! I'm hoping it's more than the stupid line dancing they have now, because when it's just a line dance, we just skip it! If it were something more fun we would probably check it out.

Do you mean the Journeys cruises?

Yes, back in the day, sail away parties were great. Now days, forget it. Not into line dancing.:rolleyes: