Victory to Fascination Ship Change

Wildgrits

:(

I just received a letter from Carnival saying that our cruise out of Puerto Rico has changed ships.

I have never been on a ship as small as the Fascination so I'm a bit sad.

Has anyone been able to get some upgrades due to a ship change?

I know we can change cruises but I picked this cruise because I like that almost every day we are in port. When I looked online, I don't see any other cruises with as many ports, 5 in all, so I am reluctant to change.

What has been your experience with this?

:(

I just received a letter from Carnival saying that our cruise out of Puerto Rico has changed ships.

I have never been on a ship as small as the Fascination so I'm a bit sad.

Has anyone been able to get some upgrades due to a ship change?

I know we can change cruises but I picked this cruise because I like that almost every day we are in port. When I looked online, I don't see any other cruises with as many ports, 5 in all, so I am reluctant to change.

What has been your experience with this?

I was just checking San Juan for February 2017 and there are no ships listed for San Juan nor is San Juan a port option. When is your cruise? I am wondering if Victory is going to Mobile.

good luck on the upgrade. The Fascination is a Fantasy class ship and they don't have that many balcony cabins (and those were considered "suites" they did a retro fit of balconies onto some of those ship but it still did not add many. Most like if you were in a Balcony cabin, you are going to be down graded to an Oceanview... May that is why they are not advertising the cruise yet as they are trying to get all those already booked into "equal" cabin categories.

Uh oh. I should've known this morning when I was looking for info on which ship would be in Mobile, and both the Victory and the Fascination weren't showing sailing for late 2016. Sucks for San Juan.

Uh oh. I should've known this morning when I was looking for info on which ship would be in Mobile, and both the Victory and the Fascination weren't showing sailing for late 2016. Sucks for San Juan.

Carnival has a strong belief (and not one I buy into) that cruisers doing a southern out of San Juan cruise for the islands much more than the ship. This is the second time they have done the flip, makes me wonder what the rest of the domino affect will be.

Obviously the commitment has been made that the Fantasy class is and will be here for the foreseeable future. Priced right, it might work.

I discovered a few hours ago my victory cruise dec2016 has changed to fascination .... i called to query my cabin assignment since it says to be assigned.... and they are working on it.

Since i had a balcony I would expect a balcony or am i crazy?

I'm not happy about this but i'll see what cabin they give me. apparently we get 150 obc (since there's three of us) and if we can't agree on the cabin then i can cancel (even though early saver)

upside is there's a waterworks on this ship (we have a 6 year old so waterslide big hit)

Edited by oceanv

I really wonder why they downgraded the ship in San Juan by 900 passengers, and many onboard activities. Hopefully, like the Fantasy, they will send her in for the 2.0 upgrades.

I believe that the Fascination has already received the 2.0 upgrades. The Fascination did receive additional balcony cabins, but it does not have anywhere near as many balcony cabins as the Victory has.

What?? The Fascination was sailing from San Juan in 1998!! Southern itinerary was our 1st cruise and I loved the fact we had 5 ports of call on a 7 day cruise but kind of crazy to think after all these years she is scheduled to sail out of San Juan again.

I got the letter too about our Feb 2017 cruise. Curious to see what room I will receive going from a 4J which has a obstructed view window but easy secret balcony access. Also I'm thinking its 2.0 upgrade is an abbreviated version. No Guys burgers, Red Frog etc...?

$100 credit and I'm still going to all the ports...I hope they at least give me an ocean view.

Just posted!

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL (VICTORY)

Compare

Carnival Victory

Cruise To: Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean

Depart From: Miami, FL, Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

Carnival Fascination

Cruise To: Bahamas, Caribbean

Depart From: Barbados, Jacksonville, FL, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Cruise Length: 2-5 Days, 6-9 Days

Edited by PattBenatar

Check with Celebrity or RCI. We've taken the Celebrity Summit out of San Juan, and a few RCI ships also. We would prefer any of them over the Fascination.

The Fascination is fine for a three or four day trip, but for seven days there are better options.