Mariner of the seas B2B october and nov

spandance

Hello

we are on the back to back on Mariner of the Seas on October 29th and staying on 5th November. As I haven't done a back to back before can you tell me if we have to check in again and do we have to do the life boat drill again (Which I think I already know that we will) or do you just hand in both cruise tickets and just check in the once. Is anyone else staying on for the 2 weeks?

Not long now. I've just had the sea passes and booklet arrive. I have read many reviews and see that a lot of people seem to think that the ship is more welcoming for you if you are Asian? We had lots of Asians on the celebrity cruise from Singapore and Hong Kong in April and they were no more annoying then other nationalities. We are British but live in Spain, so maybe we are used to the no queuing, and pushing. Anyway hopefully it will be a most enjoyable cruise.:cool:

Hello

we are on the back to back on Mariner of the Seas on October 29th and staying on 5th November. As I haven't done a back to back before can you tell me if we have to check in again and do we have to do the life boat drill again (Which I think I already know that we will) or do you just hand in both cruise tickets and just check in the once. Is anyone else staying on for the 2 weeks?

Not long now. I've just had the sea passes and booklet arrive. I have read many reviews and see that a lot of people seem to think that the ship is more welcoming for you if you are Asian? We had lots of Asians on the celebrity cruise from Singapore and Hong Kong in April and they were no more annoying then other nationalities. We are British but live in Spain, so maybe we are used to the no queuing, and pushing. Anyway hopefully it will be a most enjoyable cruise.:cool:

You will have to attend the muster drill again.

You should not have to check-in again. New SeaPass cards for the second cruise should be given to you by Guest Services. I don't know if you will have to get off the ship briefly because that varies by locality. You may find that you can stay onboard.

You should get a letter in your stateroom with the details about changeover day. You may want to visit Guest Services early in the first cruise and confirm that you are on the B2B list.

I did a B2B on the mariner a couple years back.

• Yes, you check in for both cruises during embarkation. Your reservations should be linked in the computer though.
  • Yes, you attend muster again.
  • On the last day of each leg (de-embarkation day for the plebs) you line up outside the theater. The line then travels up 2 flights of stairs and down the promenade. They give you a time range to attend. I recommend you go as early as possible.
  • Inside the theater they will have sea passes already printed, and they will be handed out convention style (go to a table sorted by last name, they will hand you your card.)
  • You cannot disembark, for obvious reasons, without your new SeaPass Card.
  • This process ate up nearly 1/2 my day in Barcelona. I wasn't impressed.

Edited by Diplomacy

Please don't worry about the process; as stated, it will all be explained to you via a letter in your stateroom and a meeting as well. You will be told exactly what you need to do on turnaround day. We have had the pleasure of sailing on two B2B's and the process did not take long at all (seriously, only about 20 minutes each time, if that, and once it was following a repositioning cruise which often takes longer to clear). I don't want you to be concerned that this is an all day thing and that all B2B turnarounds are time-consuming. Ours certainly weren't, so I hope that sets your mind at ease.

Oh, and also - are you staying in the same cabin? If so, we like to give our cabin steward the morning off. We tell him/her just come in that evening - do not make our bed or come into our room that morning because you have enough to do. We put the Do Not Disturb sign in the door as a reminder. They have always been appreciative.

Enjoy beautiful Mariner! :)

Please don't worry about the process; as stated, it will all be explained to you via a letter in your stateroom and a meeting as well. You will be told exactly what you need to do on turnaround day. We have had the pleasure of sailing on two B2B's and the process did not take long at all (seriously, only about 20 minutes each time, if that, and once it was following a repositioning cruise which often takes longer to clear). I don't want you to be concerned that this is an all day thing and that all B2B turnarounds are time-consuming. Ours certainly weren't, so I hope that sets your mind at ease.

Oh, and also - are you staying in the same cabin? If so, we like to give our cabin steward the morning off. We tell him/her just come in that evening - do not make our bed or come into our room that morning because you have enough to do. We put the Do Not Disturb sign in the door as a reminder. They have always been appreciative.

Enjoy beautiful Mariner! :)

We'll be doing our first B2B on AOS in May and luckily staying in the same cabin...Thanks so much for the great tip about not needing the cabin steward on turn around day ... wouldn't have thought of that :)