Newly Single Senior on the Regal

Iceberg2

Yes, there is usually a get together for singles early in the cruise.

Seating at the buffet is open. Pick a group out and ask to join them.

Many activities are for teams. Such as trivia. Up to 6 per team. Groups are always looking for someone to join them

One of the ladies on our Grand Princess brought the Princess Patter to point out that there was a singles meeting at the Wheelhouse Bar that evening--so I did say I would go. I HAD A BLAST !!! A gentleman approached me right away and asked if he could have the next dance! We danced so much that night and he even bought me a drink. He said he was worried about NOT meeting someone he could dance with--as he was such an excellent dancer...

Just Do It

Too, if you go on any excursions, you will be able to meet new people. Singles tend to do ship excursions.

The idea to check your roll call is excellent too. you could find someone from your home state or someone with similar interests.

There are lots of trivia and team type activities as mentioned, the area in the piazza is always full of people having coffee and snacks and watching different nightly entertainment, and certainly if you go to the Lido deck for a meal, you will find folks eating alone who will probably enjoy the company.

It really is up to you and how you enjoy mingling. I told DH that if I couldn't travel with him any longer, he would do great cruising alone. It's a great atmosphere. He talks to EVERYONE.;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your replies and great ideas for me. I will just have to make the effort to look for programs in the Platter that appeal to me.

I don't know when you're cruising but the Regal sailing on 1/24/16 already has a singles group of well over 100! Cruise critic is the way to go for sure! Enjoy your cruise!!

Maria

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your replies and great ideas for me. I will just have to make the effort to look for programs in the Platter that appeal to me.

I have cruised a lot on my own. People see you sitting on your own and chat. Go to breakfast or lunch in dining room as you are seated as you arrive and you can chat then. Go to activities that are offered, scrap booking, painting, doesn't matter if you are good at them, just enjoy and again meet different people. The beauty of cruising on your own - you can pick and choose what you do, when and wh you do it with. Be brave, smile and chat you will meet some lovely people.

You could also take the initiative of suggesting a couple of group events on your roll call, especially if you find them a friendly bunch (in my experience, every roll call has a personality of its own.) Of course roll call members often band together in small groups for excursions and you may be able to join one of these, but sometimes they also set up group dinners onboard, at a specialty restaurant or even for anytime diners to plan a night to dine together. You may well find some folks you are particularly compatible with and want to see more of for the rest of the cruise.

I have been cruising single for 12 years, now mid 60's. I do not "singles" events they are not for singles my age, but a lot of people looking to "hook" up if you get my drift - I just go to any event that appeals to me, usually find other singles my age to go on an out trip with some times, but if I do not, I go alone - most couples are very friendly and do not care that you are a single, just talk to people and relax and enjoy yourself. I always carry a book or a magazine so if I am alone I can read, but once you get to the buffet, sit a table for 4 or more, there will always be someone come along and ask if they can share, or ask a table with an empty chair if you can join them. I am rarely board, and often meet others that are in the same situation and we then sit together at events.

• 2 weeks later...

Great ideas given to me - and I am getting practice as being solo - its not so terrible - I don't have to deal with anyone but myself. Just came back from Israel - did a solo booking from an internet site - had a wonderful time, hooked up with 3 couples who adopted me and went everywhere they did. I have been dining alone on other cruises and do sit down at a half filled table, eat breakfast in the dining room and sit wherever there is room - so I am looking forward to this new adventure. There are singles on my cruise, but so far, we all seem to do different things, but I am open to my options.