2:30 PM Boarding Time?

iEmpire

Carnival has called and e-mailed me stating that we should begin boarding at 2:30 for our cruise this Sunday. We've always gotten to the port early to get our vacation started and enjoy lunch at the buffet. Has anyone experienced being denied boarding at an earlier time than their assignment? Any advice would be welcomed!

Cheers.

Carnival has called and e-mailed me stating that we should begin boarding at 2:30 for our cruise this Sunday. We've always gotten to the port early to get our vacation started and enjoy lunch at the buffet. Has anyone experienced being denied boarding at an earlier time than their assignment? Any advice would be welcomed!

Cheers.

We are Platinum and still receive those emails. We always arrive at the port by 9:00 and usually check right in.

My advice is to go when you were planning to go to the port.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers.

Unless they told you it was due to a specific issue, testing of a system, full crew Customs inspection etc, you should be fine to go when you normally would.

Unless they told you it was due to a specific issue, testing of a system, full crew Customs inspection etc, you should be fine to go when you normally would.

Got one of those letters for the Imagination's first cruise after she repo'd to Long Beach. Boarding started around 1pm.

We are Platinum and still receive those emails. We always arrive at the port by 9:00 and usually check right in.

Have a great cruise.

Are you saying you check in and wait for a couple/three hours or are you saying you check in and board? We usually get to the port by 10:30 and board right after the wedding parties and Diamonds which is usually around 11 something.

I do agree those emails are sent out to everyone and I do think that Carnival needs to not send them to Diamond, Platinum and FTTF cruisers and I have questioned that to the one sending me an email, but that was a few years ago and still get the same email.

I would NEVER tell someone to get to any port at 9AM as more than half the ship hasn't gotten off yet, but hey, do what you want.

Have a great cruise.

In Long Beach Early Check in starts at 9:30. Dome doors open at 11:30.

Are you saying you check in and wait for a couple/three hours or are you saying you check in and board? We usually get to the port by 10:30 and board right after the wedding parties and Diamonds which is usually around 11 something.

I do agree those emails are sent out to everyone and I do think that Carnival needs to not send them to Diamond, Platinum and FTTF cruisers and I have questioned that to the one sending me an email, but that was a few years ago and still get the same email.

I would NEVER tell someone to get to any port at 9AM as more than half the ship hasn't gotten off yet, but hey, do what you want.

Yes, we check in, get our S&S cards, and sit and wait. We make friends with the port employees, the security personnel, and the other early birds as they trickle in. (When we sailed Pride in October 2012, we were the first people there. We walked in to find the scanner machines had not yet been turned on and a dozen security folks standing around and chatting. They saw us and cheered. We all laughed and talked a while. It was a blast.)

The earliest we've ever boarded a ship was 10:55 in Boston. Most cruises, embarkation has begun around noon.

Since we have to fly to every port, except Boston, we fly in the day pre-cruise. I'd much rather sit at the port building early in the morning (yes, 9:00) than wait in the hotel room.

This is our routine and it works for us.

We were turned away at the gate in 2008 at Canaveral. We arrived at 10 and were told to come back after 1. Went to CVS, Ron Jons and got back to the port before 11, and there wasn't even anyone at the gate and we were able to find parking. On board by a 12

Cheers.

Wow!!! This is like the 5th or 6th thread started on this subject. People need to start checking what's already been posted before posting the same questions again because this wasn't posted months ago, this was posted days ago. Final consensus everytime has been that Carnival sends out these emails so that everybody doesn't arrive to the port at the same time. You can show up when you wish just like usual.