Formal night at Lawn Club

RhondaC

Hi everyone,

On our upcoming Reflection cruise, we have reservations for the Lawn Club on formal night. Will people be dressed formally up there, or is more of a casual environment?

Thanks!

I doubt if anyone will dress formally at the Lawn Club Grille.

I would definitely dress smart casual on formal night anywhere on the ship if you choose not to be 'formal'.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. We'll be walking around before and after dinner, and don't want to feel out of place. We usually dress "nicely" every night anyway, especially on Celebrity and Princess. Carnival and RCCL, not so much. lol

Thanks! So, at dinnertime, is it Smart Casual? Or casual?

The dress code at the lawn club every night is "smart casual and above." That is direct from the web site so you can wear anything from smart casual up to formal. Choice is yours. Formal dress code applies only to MDR. Celebrity does not have a casual dress code.

Edited by dkjretired

When we went to the Lawn Club on the Reflection in 2013 there were 'smartly' dressed people in shorts, but no fellas in jacket nor ties.

We ate at the Lawn Club Grill two nights and LOVED it. Excellent food. I wore nice (pressed) shorts and a polo shirt.

Thank you! My husband will be thrilled to hear this!! :D

We ate at the Lawn Club Grill one night, not Formal Night, and the staff told us that casual (shorts, polo shirt, sandals) was perfectly OK. Maybe they've changed, so when you make your reservation, ask.

Edited by Wine-O

The dress question has been well answered for LCG. I would like to add a little tip for this wonderful place. Go light on the flat bread unless you want to be wheeled out of there! The food isSO GOOD! Oh my! We went back a second time (took the advice I just gave) and it was just as good. I do wish they had that restaurant on every ship.

Hi everyone,

On our upcoming Reflection cruise, we have reservations for the Lawn Club on formal night. Will people be dressed formally up there, or is more of a casual environment?

Thanks!

On our upcoming cruise in Oct they are offering a 100.00 per person formal night at Lawn Club where guests are attending in White Chic Attire. This is the only night I could imagine anyone dressing formally at the lawn club Grill.

The dress question has been well answered for LCG. I would like to add a little tip for this wonderful place. Go light on the flat bread unless you want to be wheeled out of there! The food isSO GOOD! Oh my! We went back a second time (took the advice I just gave) and it was just as good. I do wish they had that restaurant on every ship.

I have to agree! I did not expect to enjoy lawn club grill compared to Tuscan, but it was wonderful!

....love LCG, but last January, our fantastic waiter accidentally dropped a steak on my white pants! With all of the flat bread twirling and steak serving, I wouldn't choose that venue for 'white chic attire'!! (My stateroom attendant was notified, and he took my pants and had them drycleaned without me even knowing... Love!)

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk