L Shape Cabin on the Breeze

scuddles

My husband and I are thinking of booking 7455 or 7454 on the Breeze out of Galveston during a Jan. cruise. He gets seasick and has some concern about the motion of the area of this cabin. Does anyone have any idea how much motion the aft area gets on this ship? I haven't seen much on these cabins online. Also we have never cruised out of Galveston so I wasn't sure how choppy the Gulf is during the winter months. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to try one of these larger balcony cabins.

We sailed the Breeze this month. Friends of ours were in 7454 and it's a very cool room. The balcony has 2 chairs, a table and a lounger. There's a chair instead of a sofa so you have to watch tv from the bed.

When we sailed Breeze in February we were in an aft room on deck 8. We didn't notice more movement, but we also aren't prone to seasickness.

If you have the opportunity to book one of these rooms, go for it!

We were in 7454 for a Southern Caribbean cruise this past summer. It is a nice room for two people, and the balcony is very spacious. However, we will not book a room this far aft in the future for a couple of reasons. We found the motion was much more noticeable here; I sometimes have some issues with seasickness, and found that while I never felt ill, I did feel like I needed to get out and see the horizon to get myself on top of it. Second, we found that there were some noticeable vibrations here. The first night, the rattling of hangers in the closet woke me up (and also my son in the inside cabin across the hall). We secured the hangers after that, but that type of motion was a little annoying to us. Finally, I did experience the notorious sewage smell quite often in this area, always in the hallways, never in the cabin itself.

I know a lot of people really love these cabins, and I really wanted to, but it just wasn't a good fit for us. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

We sailed the Breeze this month. Friends of ours were in 7454 and it's a very cool room. The balcony has 2 chairs, a table and a lounger. There's a chair instead of a sofa so you have to watch tv from the bed.

When we sailed Breeze in February we were in an aft room on deck 8. We didn't notice more movement, but we also aren't prone to seasickness.

If you have the opportunity to book one of these rooms, go for it!

Thank you Jenhem for your description. We are sailing the end of Jan. so I think the weather should be somewhat calm that time of year. We went ahead and booked 7454. My husband has used the patch on previous trips and as long as he keeps them on he is good so he decided it was worth the try.

We were in 7454 for a Southern Caribbean cruise this past summer. It is a nice room for two people, and the balcony is very spacious. However, we will not book a room this far aft in the future for a couple of reasons. We found the motion was much more noticeable here; I sometimes have some issues with seasickness, and found that while I never felt ill, I did feel like I needed to get out and see the horizon to get myself on top of it. Second, we found that there were some noticeable vibrations here. The first night, the rattling of hangers in the closet woke me up (and also my son in the inside cabin across the hall). We secured the hangers after that, but that type of motion was a little annoying to us. Finally, I did experience the notorious sewage smell quite often in this area, always in the hallways, never in the cabin itself.

I know a lot of people really love these cabins, and I really wanted to, but it just wasn't a good fit for us. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your description. We are going to try it. Like you, I always see people who love these cabins and I just want to try them out. I will remember to secure the hangers!!!

Thank you Jenhem for your description. We are sailing the end of Jan. so I think the weather should be somewhat calm that time of year. We went ahead and booked 7454. My husband has used the patch on previous trips and as long as he keeps them on he is good so he decided it was worth the try.

Enjoy the cabin! I'm going to see my friends this weekend and will ask if they have photos I can post of the room if you'd like

• 2 weeks later...

We love the L-shaped and book them whenever we can. It is a very private cabin because it is toward the end of the hall and you don't have people walking past all the time. Also, with the long hallway of closets, you get zero noise from outside. Many have a loveseat instead of the sofa traditionally found in the balcony but it does look like the Breeze has the chair. And while we do sit on the sofa and perhaps watch a movie on a sea day, it wouldn't make or break us choosing the cabin. We live on our balcony and you can't beat that extra space and the lounger.

We were in 7455 this past July and loved it. We never experienced the sewer smell and had no problem with motion. It was nice to have the extra cabin space and enjoyed the balcony. I'd book it again in an instant.

We are booked into this cabin in January. We try to always book on the port side but deliberately booked this cabin on the starboard side when I read that the smoking area is on the port side.

Did you notice any smoke odors?

We had room 6499 this past May and LOVED it! Our favorite room so far! We did not feel any movement, no noise issues at all, loved the large balcony with the extra lounger, awesome view to wake up to every morning with the bed facing the water, and really like the chair & ottoman since we never use the couch when just the two of us cruise.

We are booked into this cabin in January. We try to always book on the port side but deliberately booked this cabin on the starboard side when I read that the smoking area is on the port side.

Did you notice any smoke odors?

None at all! The only "down" side to this cabin (and it's really not an issue for us) is that on the Southern itinerary we never docked on the side facing the port. I like to watch port activity, but the cabin was worth missing it on this cruise. Edited by nybumpkin