Anthem - Dynamic Dining - NOT!

sylviesmom

I'm trying to make reservations for the various ("complimentary") dining venues for the November 22 Anthem sailing and I'm not happy. The entire process is cumbersome and even at 50+ days out, I'm only able to book times for 8:15 and beyond. That's for 4 people. If we want to add in my daughter (to make a reservation for 5), reservations aren't available until after 9:00pm. This entire process is frustrating. Does anyone have any advice? Do you know if Royal only takes a certain amount of reservations and then leaves tables for "walk-ins" like a regular restaurant. I really don't want to wait hours for dinner or eat at Windjammer every night!:confused:

We didn't have any issues getting reservations onboard Quantum. The food is outstanding, the ship is gorgeous. Are you a C & A member? You may be able to call the desk and have them do it for you.

Enjoy!

Edited by CruzinSuz

Classic has been "sold out" on that 11/22 Anthem cruise for a while. I saw quite a few 6pm reservations when looking last night. When I first booked a few weeks ago, there was nothing until 9pm any night. Since then, I've found a 6-6:30pm reservation for every night by checking back often. I was even able to get the exact restaurants I wanted each night. So, keep checking.

I'm trying to make reservations for the various ("complimentary") dining venues for the November 22 Anthem sailing and I'm not happy. The entire process is cumbersome and even at 50+ days out, I'm only able to book times for 8:15 and beyond. That's for 4 people. If we want to add in my daughter (to make a reservation for 5), reservations aren't available until after 9:00pm. This entire process is frustrating. Does anyone have any advice? Do you know if Royal only takes a certain amount of reservations and then leaves tables for "walk-ins" like a regular restaurant. I really don't want to wait hours for dinner or eat at Windjammer every night!:confused:

We are Dynamic, sailing in 12 days. Have't booked anything yet so there better be tables for 2 each night,fair enough we have to wait a while but that's fine.

Edited by UK Cruiser2

Trying to fight with RCI's IT and reservation system is an exercise in frustration. My advice would be to reserve something for the first couple of nights (at whatever time) and then step away from from your computer (other than to do online check in and print set sail pass). Then, after you board, go the each venue and make (and adjust your existing) reservations in person if you want. Otherwise treat DD as it was intended, just show up. Granted, at peak times (6:30-7:30) you'll have to wait a bit, but you'll get in. Also, tell the venue host you are willing to share a table - that will likely get you in faster.

Had similar problems when booking the Quantum this past February. Was reading on CC that many Pax were able to make dining reserves and I was worried that all of the prime times would be gone. Proceeded to the planner section and the only times available for both complementary and specialty was 8:45 pm--too late for us and this was some 10 months out. Called the regular RCL desk without any satisfaction. Followed up with C ? A desk and complained to them as one of our party member has diabetes and needs to eat early. After some weeks of back and forth, we were able to get a 6:15pm reserves. We were happy, until 1 month out when all of our entertainment reserves dropped from the planner and I went ballistic as I had to replace and coordinate with our dining times. At the end, everything went smooth and it was one of the best cruses ever.

I'm trying to make reservations for the various ("complimentary") dining venues for the November 22 Anthem sailing and I'm not happy. The entire process is cumbersome and even at 50+ days out, I'm only able to book times for 8:15 and beyond.

I'm not sure when you booked the cruise, but dining reservations open 9 months in advance, so 50+ days out is not that far out. I booked my Anthem dining reservations 4 months ahead of my 1/3/16 cruise and was able to get times that I wanted, although Grande wasn't available before 8pm for the first 3 nights.

We are just off the Anthem and had similar problems before our cruise with the only reservation times available online or through customer service being really late. Once we were onboard, the first day, we went to one of the restaurants and they changed all the late reservations to our desired times without any problems. Didn't even have to go to each individual restaurant, just did it at one of them.

I'm glad its not just me. I spent a good few hours on holiday in August trying to sort out reservations for 11 October sailing. Nothing was available in many of the free restaurants unless it was very early or very late. I ended up booking so many paid for restaurants just to get booked in. On return from holiday - where at least I had the time to do this (I'm used to computers but oh dear it was so tedious) I rang Crown and Anchor society to check out Dynamic Classic as this was showing as not available on line. They were for the first time so unhelpful and disinterested I thought - we are Diamond Plus - and basically told there were no places for Classic. He said we could ask to change once on board. So that looks like queuing job. By chance I clicked on the entertainment tab - has everyone realised you need to reserve seats for some shows. You can also book for the sky diving free session.

We are so looking forward but I feel sorry for people not familiar with computers as it all seems so dependent on technology. There is also an App you can download to use on board.

It's not quite that bad. You could never touch a computer yet go on the Anthem and will do fine (book onboard or just show up at the venue). Many people let their TA sort of all the dining/show options. Actually, the technologically savvy are the ones with the most issues since they have to do battle with RCI's IT system to get anything done.

It's not quite that bad. You could never touch a computer yet go on the Anthem and will do fine (book onboard or just show up at the venue). Many people let their TA sort of all the dining/show options. Actually, the technologically savvy are the ones with the most issues since they have to do battle with RCI's IT system to get anything done.

How right you are. Could not express it any better.