Premium drinks package no good for balcony drinkers??

PrincessPete

Thank you Jagoffee – and an apology as I think the fully stocked mini-bar on our last Princess Cruises trip (Diamond Princess) was because we were in a suite, I was getting confused with an earlier cruise. I think Jagoffee is right that (like Celebrity) the Princess Cruises mini bar is regarded as a separate matter and not included in the drinks package – obviously in PH and RS on Celebrity the mini bar is included as per in the top suites on Princess.

Thanks also to the latest posting from Muushka referring to packing a “small funnel”. Another very useful tip!

These forums work so much better when people restrict themselves to genuine questions, however trivial they may seem – and helpful comments without the barbed comments and sarcasm. Or perhaps it is a different kind of humour with different nationalities? (I ran training courses before I retired and I always said to delegates, “there is no such thing as a stupid question if you do not know the answer”)

I'm with you and I am American....sarcasm and barbed comments sound the same no matter where one is from.

Not sure why some people feel a need to respond that way?

(It seems the same people are on all of the forums! ;))

Suggestion: if you're going to ask your bartender for an unopened beer to take back your cabin to enjoy later, make sure your ask them or your butler/room steward for a bottle opener, or bring your own. We were in a celebrity suite on the Solstice last cruise and I noticed the front edge of the built in TV console was quite "chewed" up. Upon closer inspection, someone had used it numerous times as a hard edge to open beers. Some people have no class!

No bottle opener in rooms?

I would not have even thought of this. If not, it'll be on our list to bring one.:)

What happened to the bottle openers that were always mounted on the bathroom door frame??

Maybe we have just not noticed their absence. Seems llike a very inexpensive and very durable little amenity that was just another item we didn't have to think about.

bosco

Sorry if this question has been asked in the past – have trawled through without success to try and find the answer!!

I am interested in purchasing the Premium Drinks Package for my wife and I as we drink a lot of coffees/soft drinks during the day and a reasonable amount of the hard stuff in the late afternoon/evenings.

However, there seems to me a big question mark for us over the value of the package………………the reason is that we do spend a lot of time in the cabin during the late afternoon/early evening as we love sitting on the balcony before heading off for a late dinner. That time in the cabin is our main drinking time in addition to wine etc at dinner.

As I understand it drinks from the mini-bar are not included in the Premium package and therefore to have drinks in our cabin “paid for” by the package we would have to collect them from a bar. It would be rather annoying to have to make repeat trips to the bar during our 3 hours or so in the cabin/balcony.

Probably half our drinking is done in the cabin so it does seem to me the benefits of the Premium package would be lost if we had to pay for those drinks from the mini bar – as above, I appreciate I could keep going to a bar but that would rather impinge on our relaxing on the balcony.

Sorry if this seems a minor point to many but I would be most interested in any comments as to whether I am missing anything here.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Peter

We are exactly like you! We don't find it to be a problem. We book a cabin aft, near the aft elevators...we take turns popping up to the Sunset bar with both cards, and bring back a drink for each of us. takes 5 min. worth it to us.

Plus we bring two bottles of wine onboard the first day and save those for balcony drinking. And we usually get 2 bottles of champagne from TA and being concierge class. And, if we have a lot of OBC, you can buy full bottles of wine at a discount (20 or 30% I think) and have it delivered via room service...our next cruise in March has almost $600 in OBC (don't know why we are so fortunate!) so you have to work hard to spend it all!