Door Signs Allowed + Interior Cabin Decorations

faith4keep

We are setting sail on the Escape TA in a just a few weeks for our honeymoon! We are booked in a Haven Spa Suite!

The third day of the cruise (day at sea, again :rolleyes:) will be Halloween. Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday and at home he goes ALL OUT. We have boxes and boxes of every Halloween decoration you can imagine - last year we acquired one of those inflatables that goes in your front yard.

Anyway, I think he's a little bummed to be missing the holiday at home and I would like to surprise him and decorate our cabin. But I'd like to go far beyond a door sign.

I've read reports beginning in August that NCL isn't allowing door signs anymore; is this the case? I'd also like to decorate the interior. I searched the forums but couldn't come up with a list of what is allowed and not allowed, or how to mount things on the wall. For example, are plug-in or battery powered lights allowed?

Finally, the CC meetup cabin crawl will take place on Oct 31 as well! Who has good ideas to make our cabin extra spooky? :)

Not sure what the official policy is,,, we just got off of a couple of NCL cruises and there were a few decorated doors. And we decorate the interior cabin. It was my DW's birthday and we had a lot of decorations and balloons up on the walls of our suite. The cabin steward took the cue and made her a large folded towel birthday cake and candle and confetti (along with the normal towel animal that night). Earned him an extra large tip.

We are setting sail on the Escape TA in a just a few weeks for our honeymoon! We are booked in a Haven Spa Suite!

The third day of the cruise (day at sea, again :rolleyes:) will be Halloween. Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday and at home he goes ALL OUT. We have boxes and boxes of every Halloween decoration you can imagine - last year we acquired one of those inflatables that goes in your front yard.

Anyway, I think he's a little bummed to be missing the holiday at home and I would like to surprise him and decorate our cabin. But I'd like to go far beyond a door sign.

I've read reports beginning in August that NCL isn't allowing door signs anymore; is this the case? I'd also like to decorate the interior. I searched the forums but couldn't come up with a list of what is allowed and not allowed, or how to mount things on the wall. For example, are plug-in or battery powered lights allowed?

Finally, the CC meetup cabin crawl will take place on Oct 31 as well! Who has good ideas to make our cabin extra spooky? :)

We sailed on the Breakaway in August and decorated the door and inside of the suite- no problem.

How do you decorate the door? Is it magnetic?

The door is magnetic. If I remember correctly, they frown on tape or any kind of adhesive being used on the door. Good luck and can't wait to see what your door/room looks like when you are finished.

-pj

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I'm hopeful that the Escape will also be metal-everything. Maybe I can find some magnetic hangers so I can drape/hang things inside the cabin.

I just bought some magnets in a package at the local Dollar Store that could be used to put items up on the walls. There were various sizes of magnets to choose from.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Just off the Jewel and we decorated our cabin door. I used blue painter's tape but the room steward retaped it using regular clear tape. I only saw a few doors with decorations. Nothing like in the past. They have a festive vibe.

The inside cabin across from us had balloons on their walls and ceiling. I'm not sure if it was a decorating package from NCL or they brought their own.

I'm hopeful that the Escape will also be metal-everything. Maybe I can find some magnetic hangers so I can drape/hang things inside the cabin.

We use normal scotch tape on the doors, walls, mirrors, windows. BUT,,, we do take the time to ensure that we remove all of the tape on the last night of the cruise.

We will be on a cruise in a few weeks and bringing along a lot of Halloween decorations. (We, obviously, won't be hanging any ghosts from the fire sprinkler heads!??!!)

Starting last year door decorations were not allowed on NCL due to potential fire hazards, it was also instituted because of the damage it was causing to the ship. This was driven home by Norwegian's charter department who drove home the message by stating there would be a fee imposed for any cabin who did decorate. Now with that being said, that's the corporate policy. Does door decorating still happen? Yes it did on the charter in January and to the best of my knowledge no fines were imposed on any of the cruisers for that.

They were more worried about smoking in the cabin fines than the decorating ones. So with that said, decorate at your own risk and use items that will not leave residue on the door!

Enjoy your voyage! :)

• 4 weeks later...

We just came of the Breakaway and we had door decorations, command hooks inside the room (they were placed on the adjoining metal door), solar lights zip tied to our balcony, and flowers that were hooked onto shelves with pipe cleaners. Nobody said anything to us and nothing was taken down.

Just an FYI.

-pj

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Just off the Epic. We had Halloween decorations on walls, mirrors, and hanging from the lights; and garland draped. We decorate on every cruise to match the season. After seeing the Halloween decorations, the cabin steward deviated from his normal first-night towel animal and folded a towel bat and hung it with a safety pin to the drapes. After many cruises, never had a bat before,,,, it was pretty cool and obviously took more time than your standard dog.