Breeze Cove Balcony - potential noise?

pmms052999

We had 2288 on the Dream and it was quiet. We have 2288 booked on the Breeze for next year because of this. Look at deck plans for right above the rooms to see what's above. You don't want to be under the galley.

We've had 2288 on the Breeze and it's not only quiet, but it has the added benefit of not having a lifeboat above the balcony.

I am looking at the cove balconies on the Breeze and was wondering if anyone had experienced any noise coming from Deck 3 (Dining Rooms and Galley)?

We sailed in January on the Breeze and had Cove Cabin 2349. We are booked for our next cruise and have selected the same cabin. So as you can see, we are happy with that cabin.

Any one booking a cove balcony during hurricane season may want to hear the experiences of people sailing this weekend.

Carnival may well inform passengers to stay off their balconies, as well as any open decks. If a ship with cove balconies would be in seas as heavy as this weekend's Atlantic waters, that ship would probably encounter waves higher than the coves.

Any one booking a cove balcony during hurricane season may want to hear the experiences of people sailing this weekend.

Carnival may well inform passengers to stay off their balconies, as well as any open decks. If a ship with cove balconies would be in seas as heavy as this weekend's Atlantic waters, that ship would probably encounter waves higher than the coves.

In a case like this, They block off the balcony door and the cabin becomes an OV.

We have had 2 different cove Balcony's on the Breeze both under the galley. One we must of been under a chopping station, but it was during the day when we are in/out of the cabin. Nights they are not in there so it's quiet. Didn't bother us at all

We had 2408 and 2412 both under the rear of the galley. We had some noise sounded like a dishwasher mostly after dinner and heard a rolling sound a few times we more noticeable on the balcony. Nothing late night. Both had no lifeboat above. I would book these rooms again.

Edited by jzozo

We've had 2288 on the Breeze and it's not only quiet, but it has the added benefit of not having a lifeboat above the balcony.

Fedic - that is such good news - no lifeboats above. We are booked in that cabin for our February cruise and I've asked that question many times and I got conflicting answers some said yes, some said no and some said if I"m so worried about it why am I booking a cove balcony. I really want to be close to the water but I do like a little sun coming onto my balcony.

I am looking at the cove balconies on the Breeze and was wondering if anyone had experienced any noise coming from Deck 3 (Dining Rooms and Galley)?

We had a Cove Balcony (2405) on the Dream two years ago. We had absolutely no noise issues. We preferred to sheltered solitude and close to the water aspect of the cove balcony. Sun worshipers probably won't like them.

Edited by celem

We had 2400 on the Breeze, noisy all day and night. We are heavy sleepers so after the first night or two we were able to tune it out and slept fine. Good thing because we had it for B2B so 14 nights!

We just got off the Breeze and had 2400 also. It was very noisy. Poor planning on my part. You definitely do not want a room under the galley.

Edited by rhodester

The only noises you might hear on a cove balcony are the ocean, the neighbors and maybe the occasional maintenance activities down below. We were located near the loading doors on the breeze, forward on the starboard side last fall. It was my favorite balcony experience ever on any ship. Go for it if you can, it surely beats the balconies above, which have no privacy at all and are quite loud with all the surrounding activities. Now maybe if you had a cove balcony somewhere else on the ship it would be an issue but I honestly never have had a problem with outside noise in my cabin with a possible exception of the interior on the glory which was located near the club. We could hear loud music through the wall late into the night but even that didn't bother me too much.

Under the dining room is PERFECT! It's totally empty all night long. No other spots on the ship can have that guarantee. Even when it's in use, you don't hear much if anything, because it's carpeted and people usually aren't stomping around up there.

Under the galley is risky. Some spots are fine, while others are absolutely horrible. People have given their mixed reports here, and most provided room numbers. If you have to book below the galley, try to find a room # that has a good report from someone.

In regards to waves, anytime there is a hurricane or other type of storm that stirs things up, that can cause issues for any balcony or open decks. But even during hurricane season, if there are no storms out there, the waters are usually not too bad. When the waves are very bad, they will lock the coves. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. When the waves are that bad, you will not want to be out there anyway.

Edited by k2excursion