Tortuga Rum Company

tigereye

Also, the best liquor prices I've found anywhere in the Caribbean are at the Tortuga Rum stores on Grand Cayman. There's one just past the pier (to the left leaving the pier) so you can stop on your way back from seeing the island. The "factory" tour is not much, just free samples of all the rum & cake you can handle. Especially enjoyable at 10:00 in the morning when we went. Had a smile the rest of the morning & a really terrific nap in the aftermnoon. It's not a distillery just a large bakery & there's no tour of the bakery that I can recall - but then alcohol was involved & my memory may not serve well in this case.

Bill

I wouldn't do the "tour", not much interest in that... but did enjoy stopping at the store near the pier for a couple hours of rum sampling :D Can't help it, just couldn't make a decision :p And yes, that store had amazing liquor prices!!!!

There is another small store to the right past Hard Rock Cafe. It is a cute yellow cape style house with an open kitchen. Sells liquor and cake with plenty of free samples. They will also deliver your purchases back to the ship, so you don't have to carry them with you.

Another tour suggestions is the Atlantis Submarine tour, if you are not a diver or have never seen this beautiful barrier reef. This is one of the 3 best diving sites in the world.

Bon Voyage

Archived