World club status

bunkrest

Thank you Hattie I have just booked a 3 night cruise on a full fare basis and although it has cost me £££,s it didn't include OBC or free parking so I got to thinking I hope it counts towards my world club status...:-)

Will a short cruise count towards my world club status?

It certainly will. I took a 2 night voyage last year and it ensured I achieved Gold level on the next one a couple of days later.

Unfortunately, Cunard doesn't double the earning potential of its solo passengers (due to solo cruising I'm already Platinum with Princess). This is something they could improve.

If you take a series of short cruises with Cunard, you can potentially achieve status levels a lot quicker than by booking longer cruises and going by pure number of nights on board.

Also, if you are taking longer cruises, you might consider booking segments rather than grouping segments under one booking. Each segment of a larger cruise would count towards your status and you would reach the higher levels faster. Of course, this could mean a higher price overall (sometimes a lower price).

Thank you Austcruiser84,this 3 nighter will be my 7th cruise with Cunard totalling 66 nights so I'm guessing anything booked after this will be at platinum level...[emoji7]

Lucky you :) Yes, you will be Patinum after this one. I still have a little way to go before I reach it. Still, if I can achieve Diamond status by the time I am 35 I will be happy.

I think the answer is "maybe", depending on your other cruises. If most of your cruises are short, the number of cruises will produce a higher status than your number of days, and the short cruise will have a big effect. If most of your cruises are long the number of days will determine the level and the 3 days, while counting, will have no practical effect.

For example, platinum level requires 70 days or 7 cruises. If you currently have 64 days and 4 cruises, the 3 day will take you to 67 days and 5 cruises, and you will not advance (and your next cruise would almost certainly take you to platinum even if you did not do the 3 day). On the other hand if you do mostly transatlantics a and you have 6 7-day voyages (totaling 42 days) the 3 day would take you to 7 voyages and 45 days, sufficient for platinum even though your days is quite short of 70.

I hope this makes sense.

Roy

It's hardly worth the effort.

The only useful thing is extra internet time when you're Diamond (like me).

Stewart

The Internet time is worthwhile - definitely. I think Cunard should consider making dry cleaning/pressing complimentary for Diamond members and also add a couple of extra perks.

It is true that there isn't that much on offer at the top end.

But it is the people who have sailed hundreds, even thousands, of nights who I feel sorry for. They reach Diamond at 150 nights and then have nothing else to strive for perks wise.

I wonder if Cunard does anything special (quietly) for major cruisers.

The Internet time is worthwhile - definitely. I think Cunard should consider making dry cleaning/pressing complimentary for Diamond members and also add a couple of extra perks.

It is true that there isn't that much on offer at the top end.

But it is the people who have sailed hundreds, even thousands, of nights who I feel sorry for. They reach Diamond at 150 nights and then have nothing else to strive for perks wise.

I wonder if Cunard does anything special (quietly) for major cruisers.

Secret Tanzanite members with the odd free cruise !:D