Lfk...

Vacation23

Ugh! I'm so torn! That 15% tax is an extra $46 for my family (at the $88 package rate with 3 kids), and it is already expensive to begin with. I actually booked Maya Key, then cancelled because I asked Mitsugirly which was her fave since she did such extensive reviews and she said LFK hands down. I don't know what to do!! I have really been wanting to go here since I read her review and honestly we might not get to Honduras again.

I would be interested to know if you get a reply to your cancellation.

We are going anyway. I am willing to pay.

We are going anyway. I am willing to pay.

Will you come back here after your trip and tell me how amazing it was? I am 90% sure we are still going, but would love to have an opinion of someone who has recently gone. Thanks!!

Has anyone E mailed Maya Key to see if they charge the tax ?

The web site says this ~ my guess is yes

"We accept US cash and credit cards with an additional fee of 15% Honduran Tax.Kids under 11 receive 50% discount. We also offer 10% discount for group of ten or larger"

Has anyone E mailed Maya Key to see if they charge the tax ?

According to the website, you cannot book directly and can only book through a cruiseline. I booked through NCL online and the total cost was $62pp. I was not charged any additional taxes or fees.

The extra cost to go to LFK is worth it IMO. You can not compare Maya Key to LFK, you just can't.

Another thing to consider is that Maya is a cruise ship excursion so expect more people there than LFK. When we were last at LFK the entertainment crew from the ship showed up, kinda tells me they know where to Get Away from it ;)

There is no deception on LFK part about the tax, if you read their website you would have noticed the prices along with the taxes. You can not blame them for doing what they are legally bound to do.

IF you want to save a buck go ahead, Im sticking with LFK. Where else can you paddle a kayak up to a bar and order a drink or two to go?:D

Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 10:22:01 -0700

Subject: RE: New submission from Little French Key - Reservation Form

The total amount due at check-in is $202.4 with no additional charge.

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:42:34 -0600

Hi Pamela

We have your reservation confirmed for 2 adults @ $88 pp

December 8th, 2015 which includes round trip transportation .

I readily admit reading of an additional charge on their website. How I interpreted the info is quite different than what they actually meant. And, when my confirmation email showed as $88pp that is what I expected I would be paying upon arrival since I intended to use cash. A confirmation should be precise and theirs was not until I called them on it.

Yes, mickev99, I did get a response to my cancellation request. I'm not quoting from the email but nutshell--I was asked to give them a few hours to sort through the history of my reservation.

I wish everyone a delightful time at LFK! This thread has contained some valuable info for me--thanks! I'm moving on. :cool:

Is the Jaguar and/or Lion still there?

Can you ask the owner the current state of the animals that were seized?

Thanks

Lawrence is still there. Simba is not. Did not talk to the owner bit the staff said they were still trying to get them back.