Jet Blue's Luggage Policy

DEL67

I just received this from JetBlue. I wonder if they meant 50 lbs instead of 70.

Dear JetBlue Traveler,

Thank you for booking your flight with JetBlue Airways; we look forward to welcoming you onboard. We are confident you will enjoy our friendly crewmembers, leather seats, and new aircraft. It is our goal that all customers enjoy every aspect of their JetBlue flight.

To ensure a positive JetBlue experience, we want to inform you of our new guidelines for traveling with baggage. Beginning October 1, 2005, each customer will be limited to two checked bags with the weight of each piece not to exceed 70 pounds and 62 inches in overall length, width and height. JetBlue may accept overweight or oversized bags for an additional charge on domestic flights.

Remember, you may bring one bag that fits in the overhead bin plus one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) that fits under the seat in front of you, per customer. If you have a medical assistance item, it will not count as a carry-on.

Your personal item must not exceed 18"l x 15"w x 8"h in order to fit under the seat in front of you. To fit in the overhead bin, your item must not exceed 24"l x 16"w x 10"h.

If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-JETBLUE and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing JetBlue and enjoy your flight.

Sincerely,

Jason Ward

Director Customer Commitment

JetBlue Airways

I got the same email and boy was I disappointed. :( They were one of the few airlines that you could check 3 bags at 70 lbs except for the international destinations which had different resrictions.

On the web site they state:

Effective October 1, 2005, you may bring two checked bags per person free of charge. Additional bags are accepted for a fee of $50 per bag.

Archived