How do you navigate the new RCI website?

Newby58

I know there has been a couple of threads about the new website, however, I could do with some detailed tips on how to conquer it! E.g. I can't now check available cabins without entering personal details. Perhaps others have similar questions?

the new website is a real pain in da you know what....

OK once you click on the category you want, then it takes you to step 3 (Guest Info) to the right of 'User Info' Name etc... there is a picture of the Cat you selected...

Under that in very small writing it says View or Change Location click that link and it pulls up a horrible deck plan window,

UGH!!! the new site is worse

If you need a picture I can take a screen shot for you

the new website is a real pain in da you know what....

OK once you click on the category you want, then it takes you to step 3 (Guest Info) to the right of 'User Info' Name etc... there is a picture of the Cat you selected...

Under that in very small writing it says View or Change Location click that link and it pulls up a horrible deck plan window,

UGH!!! the new site is worse

If you need a picture I can take a screen shot for you

Thankyou for your reply, however, when I click on "view or change location" nothing happens except the page refreshes and I am stuck with the original, only cabin allotted to me. Do I need to be logged in for this feature?

I did it without being logged in.

The deck plans it pulls up seems to be like a java script maybe you have a turn off a pop up blocker or allow flash/java whatever it is...

I tried logging in, that didn't work either. I will give your other suggestions a go. Thanks.

I tried logging in, that didn't work either. I will give your other suggestions a go. Thanks.

It could be that your version of the website is not quite the same as the US version. However, I would also try a different browser and see if the deck plan comes up.

I did it without being logged in.

The deck plans it pulls up seems to be like a java script maybe you have a turn off a pop up blocker or allow flash/java whatever it is...

Thankyou! I just needed to update Java. Now I have the same crappy web site as you do ;-)

But even with the deck plans showing, how do you switch options from a D3 it decides to assign you to a D2 or D1?

That I can't figure out.

You have to go to a TA website & find an available cabin in the category you want to book...then enter that cabin # on the Royal website & it will then show other cabins available in that category...Royal pain in the tush!!

I much prefer the websites that make the effort to highlight the available rooms on a graphic of the deck. I would rather click a room then read tons of text and scroll around.

Such a simple problem. Such a complex solution. The new web site is more modern, but it is still a swing and a miss for usability. I want to shop for a room, not play an arcade game.

Thankyou! I just needed to update Java. Now I have the same crappy web site as you do ;-)

Ummm you're welcome and sorry LOL

Glad you were able to get it to load for you, I didn't even think about trying a different browser. Thanks Bob for picking up on that!! Sorry that you now have the same crappy site we have!! LOL

I did find, if you click on the View or Change Location on the right side of the page it shows a list of locations in the category selected (some require a lot of scrolling)

I know there has been a couple of threads about the new website, however, I could do with some detailed tips on how to conquer it! E.g. I can't now check available cabins without entering personal details. Perhaps others have similar questions?

It is horrible! Singles can't book on line anymore. Even when you put "1" for number of travelers, it still wants you to put in a 2nd name!

Also I can't figure out how to swtich categories within a type of stateroom (Example Interior on 2nd floor category q, to an M on deck 9)

It is horrible! Singles can't book on line anymore. Even when you put "1" for number of travelers, it still wants you to put in a 2nd name!

Also I can't figure out how to swtich categories within a type of stateroom (Example Interior on 2nd floor category q, to an M on deck 9)

The only way I have found is to find a stateroom that is available in the category that you want to see (which usually involves going to some other user friendly site to find one). If you enter it after checking view or change your stateroom all available staterooms in that category will show up

Very simple (NOT!!!):eek:

Hi,

Does anyone know when the UK website will be up and running again, I can get on the US one (I can see why you all hate it) but no sign of the UK one back online.

It maybe offline temporarily on occasion but it's usually up all the time - it certainly is up this morning.

After selecting 1 you need to click the "update button" or it will stay as the default of 2 and requires the 2nd name.

I can't even read the stupid tabs now due to this "new and updated" design!! Just because I understand it, does NOT mean I like it!!

I thought I would go and take a peek at the new site....I agree. They really need to tweak it.

I tried to go and do a dummy booking for an Ocean View Balcony on the Allure in January. I am currently booked in a D5 and KNOW there are several available on deck 12. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to narrow in on an exact category as it defaults to a D8. There doesn't appear to be a way to change the D8 to say a D5. If I change the location to deck 12 (which I know there are plenty of D5's available) it says there is no availability. Which is 100% wrong....again, there are many to choose from.

What I find odd, and it's not just RCI, but many company's go live with a site before fully testing everything. They can easily upload it to another ftp address or create another sub and test it there before going live. What I truly believe is that large company's sub out the work to an external web designer to create the sites but the web designers don't have the full scope of what their clients need. What they really need is an in house web designer who has first hand knowledge of what their site must be able to do. If RCI does indeed have such a person, they aren't doing a good job or must be new. Really, before a site as important as a SALES site goes live, test it! Have a group of people try to make bookings as a consumer and figure out what changes are needed BEFORE going live.

I love RCI as a company on the whole, but their consumer booking engine is a mess....and you can bet they are losing money because of it.

I think it's sad that I have to do most of my research on a site other than

RCCL.

Yes, and what's up with not showing the different categories?

Insides includes many categories but if I were a newbie I wouldn't

know that. I would just select what they are showing me... which is

not much. I know to dig deeper on other websites to find what I want.

I also don't like that if I am searching for say the month of Jan, look

at a particular cruise but then want to search other ships, I have to go

back and start the process all over again starting with the month.

I can't say one good thing about the website.

UGH! And I didn't like the old system but now I would take that back

again in a heartbeat.