Rain ponchos

mykeb14

None in the dollar store? Dollar Tree? Do you have 99c Only stores?

Are you driving in? Could leave earlier and stop along the way.

Edited by SadieN

Does anyone know if the ships sell rain ponchos? I am having one heck of a time trying to find some in Arizona right now.

Deleted my post, saw in your signature you are leaving tomorrow.

Edited by evandbob

Tried 3 walmarts as well and only got 1 and we need 4. We leave tomorrow and no time for Amazon sadly. I'm going to try a sporting good store when they open would just prefer something cheap if possible lol

None in the dollar store? Dollar Tree? Do you have 99c Only stores?

Are you driving in? Could leave earlier and stop along the way.

There's a Walmart in the Passport bus route in Long Beach if you're flying in early enough.

Could always make some out of garbage bags. But they wouldn't have a hood. Maybe Google can help you McGyver something.

Edited by SadieN

Does anyone know if the ships sell rain ponchos? I am having one heck of a time trying to find some in Arizona right now.

Could that be because it rains so little in Arizona? :p

We got caught once with no rain gear on a Carnival cruise and bought for very little money disposable ponchos on board the ship.

Doc

A couple of years ago when we arrived in Cozumel, it was pouring. When we got down on deck 0 to get off, staff was there selling Carnival ponchos for $3 I believe it was. Definitely worth it.

Another option, if you have time, is to go to Academy Sports if there's one close. I've gotten them there before, and they were relatively cheap at the time.

I've actually packed a poncho but always forget to bring it into port. I don't mind walking in the rain, i'm just wearing shorts and a tee shirt, no big deal if they get wet.

If I'm at the beach, I'm wet already. I chuckle when people run out of the water when it begins to rain.

Edited by evandbob

I've actually packed a poncho but always forget to bring it into port. I don't mind walking in the rain, i'm just wearing shorts and a tee shirt, no big deal if they get wet.

If I'm at the beach, I'm wet already. I chuckle when people run out of the water when it begins to rain.

Sunday's high will be in the mid60's in Long Beach for the Imagination. Monday, when OP is on Catalina, will be a touch warmer. West Coast cruising is a completely different animal. We rarely get the 'wait 10 minutes' weather.

Many wear wetsuits in the Channel the water is cold year round.

Edited by SadieN

Actually people who run out of the water when it starts raining are quite smart to do so!

You cannot tell for sure if there will be lightning and that is NOT something to play around with in the water!

It is hard for me to picture a time when I'd want to be on shore in the rain on an island or in Mexico?

I wouldn't use a poncho. I'd stay on the ship!

What can you do in the rain besides shop??

OP thank you for validation. I found a clearance for $0.49 disposable rain ponchos. Hubby teased me for the purchase (I grabbed 10) and for always packing them no matter where we are going.

No we didn't wear them off the ship but they sure came in handy when we got caught in a rain shower at the beach. Slipped one on our beach bag and another on our purchases. When the shower was over we had dry clothing to change into and all the goodies we bought were safe.

Rain ponchos are now a staple in our off the ship bags.

Actually people who run out of the water when it starts raining are quite smart to do so!

You cannot tell for sure if there will be lightning and that is NOT something to play around with in the water!

It is hard for me to picture a time when I'd want to be on shore in the rain on an island or in Mexico?

I wouldn't use a poncho. I'd stay on the ship!

What can you do in the rain besides shop??

I toured pyramid ruins in a poncho, no problem.

Bought one on Carnival ship once when it was raining in port. Really inexpensive and it's not just a piece of junk, I've used it numerous times.

Me too. It happened in Key West on my Imagination cruise. I think it cost $3. The poncho is really good. It's still it good condition, and I've used it quite a few times (mostly in the summer, given the Chicago climate).

It had a mildly beneficial side effect. When I took a wrong turn while wandering around, and approached a police booth to ask for help, the officer instantly knew where I needed to go (to the port) without having to ask me.