CAS Comp room/UBP question

bbryan5

Ok, since I answered the original question of my thread here, I'll contribute to the hijacking lol CAS has never offered me insurance for free (I've booked with them 5 times) They usually work it into the price, but you can definitely opt out of it if you choose.

UPDATE:

Spoke to me PCC at the CAS today, and there was no problem adding the UBP perk to our booking, only having to pay the service fee. Thanks to those who helped/offered insight.

Glad it worked out for you. Were you able to keep your original cabin? I called last night to see about adding the dining package to my reservation and she was happy to do it but warned me that I may lose my cabin while she canceled and rebooked it. I have a large balcony on the getaway and didn't want to take a chance on losing it. I asked if there was any way around it and she said no.

Thanks!

Yes, I was able to keep my cabin no problem. The reason they say you could lose your cabin, is because in those few spilt seconds in between you canceling, and rebooking (literally less than 1 minute) there's a VERY VERY small chance "your" cabin could be booked. My PCC warned me of this because he knows I like my cabin choice, but also said, it has NEVER happened to him with immediate cancel/rebooks in several years working for NCL. I say go for it. The chances you'll lose your cabin are slim to none!

Glad it worked out for you. Were you able to keep your original cabin? I called last night to see about adding the dining package to my reservation and she was happy to do it but warned me that I may lose my cabin while she canceled and rebooked it. I have a large balcony on the getaway and didn't want to take a chance on losing it. I asked if there was any way around it and she said no.

Why can't you go to MyNcl and add the dining package there?

Harriet

Thanks!

Yes, I was able to keep my cabin no problem. The reason they say you could lose your cabin, is because in those few spilt seconds in between you canceling, and rebooking (literally less than 1 minute) there's a VERY VERY small chance "your" cabin could be booked. My PCC warned me of this because he knows I like my cabin choice, but also said, it has NEVER happened to him with immediate cancel/rebooks in several years working for NCL. I say go for it. The chances you'll lose your cabin are slim to none!

Thanks, makes me nervous because I have a sister in the cabin next door and need to keep my cabin. Anyone with a lost a cabin story? I lost one once but I'm not sure that they weren't trying to upgrade me. It didn't catch the switch until I was looking at edocs a couple weeks after I called.

I understand what your saying, but the chances that someone will book that cabin during the few seconds of cancel/rebook is slim, to none. But I do understand your concern. I'm a gambler by nature, so I like to take chances lol :D:D:D

I called to see about a price drop for one of my recent cruises. I was comped for an inside cabin and bought up to a mini suite. When I saw the price drop, I called CAS because it was before final payment was due. I have previously received price adjustments. They told me it didn't matter if there is a price drop, that there is a set price for any upgrade. Made no sense to me!

So,,, I have been told the same thing. Upgrades are at fixed costs on a cruise.

BUT,,,, on our cruise in a couple of weeks, I was quoted an upgrade cost of $450 and a week later (after a retail price reduction), I was quoted an upgrade cost of $250 (which we took). This was to move from a H6 to H4 on the Epic.

So, I just don't understand the pricing! Does it depend on who you talk to? I've talked to a person at CAS who acted like I was taking money out of his own pocket. I've talked with others who tell me to call back if I see a price reduction.

I didn't know this was an option? Can you elaborate? Final payment is not due yet, am I allowed to book things before then?

If it is a promotional package you have to go through your agent or PCC. If you just want to add a package to your reservation (and pay for it) you can sign in to MyNCL and add it yourself. On MyNCL you can also make restaurant reservation, show reservations etc.