CAS Comp room/UBP question

bbryan5

Heres the situation. I booked a cruise for January. I got a comp Ocean View room with CAS, which I paid to upgrade to a balcony. Because I was comp only an ocean view, and not a balcony, I didn't get the freestyle choice that includes the UBP, my choices were 50 OBC, a small shore excursion credit, or a $50 dinner credit. I went with the dinner credit. NOW since the promotion changed this month, where you can pick the UBP with any cabin category, if I cancel and rebook, shouldn't I get the option for the UBP? I emailed my PCC and am waiting for an answer. But what do you all think?:D:D

Yes, I already verified this by calling in to CAS because I have a free cruise certificate for an inside room that I am going to use and they confirmed that I could get the free UBP (gratuities of $80 per person requires).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres the situation. I booked a cruise for January. I got a comp Ocean View room with CAS, which I paid to upgrade to a balcony. Because I was comp only an ocean view, and not a balcony, I didn't get the freestyle choice that includes the UBP, my choices were 50 OBC, a small shore excursion credit, or a $50 dinner credit. I went with the dinner credit. NOW since the promotion changed this month, where you can pick the UBP with any cabin category, if I cancel and rebook, shouldn't I get the option for the UBP? I emailed my PCC and am waiting for an answer. But what do you all think?:D:D

If your cruise is in January are you already past final payment which would incur cancellation penalties.

Was this cruise directly through CAS or through a land based brochure? If directly through CAS they don't work Saturday and Sundays....so e-mail wouldn't get read until Monday.

Harriet

Sorry they will not allow it. I had a comp for Thanksgiving week and booked it with the UBP, later on they offered extra OBC with all holiday sailings. They would not allow me to cancel and rebook even though I was well before final payment date.

Mobys situation is different from what I am reading, they had not yet booked so that would not apply to your situation.

Sorry they will not allow it. I had a comp for Thanksgiving week and booked it with the UBP, later on they offered extra OBC with all holiday sailings. They would not allow me to cancel and rebook even though I was well before final payment date.

Mobys situation is different from what I am reading, they had not yet booked so that would not apply to your situation.

Why would you not be able to cancel? Especially if it was before final payment? That makes no sense. Also I believe when booking through CAS the travel insurance is included which would provide even more wiggle room for cancelations even after final payment. Now MAYBE what CAS is saying is that you could cancel but then the free cruise would no longer be available. I guess that is a possibility. I guess OP will not know the answer until he calls and asks.

Now MAYBE what CAS is saying is that you could cancel but then the free cruise would no longer be available. I guess that is a possibility. I guess OP will not know the answer until he calls and asks.

That is correct and they also told me it would not go back into my "comp bank". I do not use the insurance so I don't know if that would make a difference.

If your cruise is in January are you already past final payment which would incur cancellation penalties.

Was this cruise directly through CAS or through a land based brochure? If directly through CAS they don't work Saturday and Sundays....so e-mail wouldn't get read until Monday.

Harriet

Final payment isn't due until the end of this month, so I'm good there. I booked with directly thru CAS. I'm thinking theres no reason they shouldn't do this for me.. Like I said, I reached out, just waiting for a call back.

Edited by bbryan5

I book way out with CAS and on my two booked cruises, I called after a new promotion was announced and they gave me the perks for that promotion and just applied it to my bookings. CAS rep told me to call if I see the prices go down prior to final payment or when new/better promotions are announced.

Yes I recently changed my CAS cruise to thanksgiving week and was allowed to keep my ultimate dining package and get the 100obc added.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

However, just a note in case this applies... I did lose "free" third guest I had but the new third guest ncf was only 30 more. Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I called to see about a price drop for one of my recent cruises. I was comped for an inside cabin and bought up to a mini suite. When I saw the price drop, I called CAS because it was before final payment was due. I have previously received price adjustments. They told me it didn't matter if there is a price drop, that there is a set price for any upgrade. Made no sense to me!

I called to see about a price drop for one of my recent cruises. I was comped for an inside cabin and bought up to a mini suite. When I saw the price drop, I called CAS because it was before final payment was due. I have previously received price adjustments. They told me it didn't matter if there is a price drop, that there is a set price for any upgrade. Made no sense to me!

Were your previous price adjustments for comped cruises? Because the two previous comped cruises I have taken they have told me the same thing. That there are set prices CAS pays for upgrades that have nothing to do with if there is a price drop via NCL.

however, I am booked for a cruise in October and the exact same cruise in January. I was comped an inside cabin for each cruise and upgraded to a mini suite each time. I just looked at both confirmations and the cost of the upgrade is different on each confirmation. So I guess CAS saying there are set rates for upgrades doesn't hold true in this case.

however, I am booked for a cruise in October and the exact same cruise in January. I was comped an inside cabin for each cruise and upgraded to a mini suite each time. I just looked at both confirmations and the cost of the upgrade is different on each confirmation. So I guess CAS saying there are set rates for upgrades doesn't hold true in this case.

Set rates based on the cruise...ship, date, cabin category, etc.

Also I believe when booking through CAS the travel insurance is included

You have received travel insurance for free when booking through CAS? I have always been asked if I want travel insurance and quoted a price if I said yes.

Can anyone else verify free travel insurance through CAS? I just booked 2 room in Jan through them on Friday...will need to be calling back and asking for it if it is free!

thanks

You have received travel insurance for free when booking through CAS? I have always been asked if I want travel insurance and quoted a price if I said yes.

Can anyone else verify free travel insurance through CAS? I just booked 2 room in Jan through them on Friday...will need to be calling back and asking for it if it is free!

thanks

I did not say free (or at least did not mean to imply that). What I meant was I thought it was included In The NCF/port charges/taxes etc that one pays for the "free" cruise. If it is indeed an option then I must have misunderstood the CAS rep. No worries however as I would never cruise without the travel insurance.

And just an update, I am talking about booking with a CAS free cruise certificate, not just calling and booking direct with CAS based on comps for previous play.

Edited by Moby0215

thanks

Free travel insurance through CAS - no!

Some of the PCC's will simply add it and it will be up to you to tell them to remove it as you don't want it. Other PCC's will ask you if you want it.

But either way.....it is NOT free!

Harriet

I did not say free (or at least did not mean to imply that). What I meant was I thought it was included In The NCF/port charges/taxes etc that one pays for the "free" cruise. If it is indeed an option then I must have misunderstood the CAS rep. No worries however as I would never cruise without the travel insurance.

And just an update, I am talking about booking with a CAS free cruise certificate, not just calling and booking direct with CAS based on comps for previous play.

As I said in my previous post.....some CAS PCC's will simply include it. Many times I've received my e-mailed confirmation and saw it listed there along with the additional charge as the total cost of the comped cruise was higher than what I was quoted. I simply called them if I didn't want it and asked for it to be removed.

Other PCC's ask if you want it or not.

Truth be told....for the price of the cruise I usually never get insurance.....except for twice when I traveled pretty far away and was only worried about medical evacuation.

Harriet

UPDATE:

Spoke to me PCC at the CAS today, and there was no problem adding the UBP perk to our booking, only having to pay the service fee. Thanks to those who helped/offered insight.

Edited by bbryan5

thanks

I never ever got insurance through CAS:eek:-EVER