Tour the Vineyards wine program?

bahama_mama2015

You should go to "search this forum" and put in the search words wine or wine package. There are some good discussions that discuss the specifics of the wine package.

I usually get the 5 bottle wine package that is offered for the 7 or 8 day cruises I have been on. There are 3 levels of the wine package and I get the first/cheapest level and I have enjoyed the wines that were offered.

Enjoy!:cool:

We usually get the mid-level package and we've always found some good choices. One "issue" (it's not really an issue but I don't know what else to call it) is that our waiter usually wants to take our wine order at the time he/she gives us the menu. I completely understand why, since they'd like to get the wine order in sooner rather than later - but we need to know what we're going to order for entrees before figuring out the wine. What we've done on our recent cruises is to check the evening's menus ahead of time so we can decide on a wine before dinner.

DH and I usually do not have a problem finishing a bottle of wine with a meal, but if you don't finish they will gladly mark the bottle and have it ready for you the next evening.

do the bottles ordered in this package count towards the daily cheers limit? just wondering since we already have cheers if we should also order this for dinner. no problem finishing a bottle between the two of us during dinner

We've been buying cruise the vineyards packages for years and think they are a pretty good value. We've been happy with the lowest package.

Pricing: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards

Wines: https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/583/1431372509/redirect/1/filename/MWLF_WP5_1214_2.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Where is the wine stored as you can drink it in your cabin or MDR? Can you also have it in the steakhouse?

Sorry, I don't know about the steakhouse.

I received a coupon for each bottle. My husband drinks red and they will hold an open bottle for him and bring it to the dining room table the next night. I think white and usually take my open bottle back to the room so I can enjoy it the next day. I've used coupons on the Lido Deck to get bottles up there as well.

They have never told us "no" to using a bottle in the steakhouse even though it isn't specifically listed. We tend to buy the cheapest as the wines are way over priced, and then drink it with dinner. We also bring 2-4 bottles on board; last trip we had a wine carrier from Publix with 4 bottles and even though there were only 2 of us of drinking age, they all came aboard. And yes, we were prepared to have the other 2 confiscated...I know the rules. :cool: