Average age of Cruise Critics members

eheif

I'm 38 and my partner is 42. We will be on our fifth and sixth Princess cruises in the upcoming year. And if I have my way I'd love to do another one in the fall of 2006 on the Sea Princess doing the 14 day Southern itinerary.

In my opinion you will not get a true 'average age' from these boards, since Cruise Critics have to use computers, while many of the older cruisers do not. Going through the Panama Canal on the Sun Princess a few years ago, the ships' master announced that the average age of the cruisers was Seventy-Six. I am in my low seventies, and I always seem younger than most, however I have not been on Carnival.

john

Guess I'm the senior member. I'm 62, my wife is 61. Though we really rock and act like we're much younger, save for the enlarged prostate, GERD, etc. On the Grand and Golden in the Caribbean, we've been above average. On the Coral in early December to the Canal, we thought we were in the younger 25%. Skywlker's at 2PM makes everyone young again.

In my opinion you will not get a true 'average age' from these boards, since Cruise Critics have to use computers, while many of the older cruisers do not. Going through the Panama Canal on the Sun Princess a few years ago, the ships' master announced that the average age of the cruisers was Seventy-Six. I am in my low seventies, and I always seem younger than most, however I have not been on Carnival.

john

Yes, for cruisers, but the OP asked about the average age of CCers.

I'm 35 and my DH is 38, and we're both looking forward to our first Princess cruise. :)

I was wondering what the average age of the people on this board is.

I'm 50 and going on my first Princess cruise.

When is your first Princess Cruise? I'm also 50 and doing my first Princess Cruise Feb. 4th - the day after my 51st birthday.

Someone did a poll (with age ranges) some time ago, but maybe it's time for another.

DH will be 57 this Saturday (10/1), and I'll be 56 on January 27 - the day we fly to FLL for our 1/28/06 sailing on the Caribbean Princess.

This will be our fifth Princess voyage in as many years, but we've been on at least a dozen cruises. Sailed with Princess for the first time in 2002, found it to the best yet, so we're sticking with it.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Both of us are over 60 but not ready for Medicare yet:D

I really don't know what age has to do with it unless you are using it for some statistical purpose.

Yup, we probably take a few more pills that the twentysomethings but enjoy every minute of the cruise including being around people of all ages:)

Like Northender, I'm in my 60s but not on Medicare yet. :)

I don't think that the average age of CCers is a direct correlation to the cruising public because I know many people my age who, while they have email, never use the Internet. It's rare to find someone younger who doesn't use the Internet.

The longer or more exotic the cruise, the older the average age will be.

I'm 58 DH 59. 2006 will mark our 60th birthdays and 40th wedding anniversary. Coral Princess will be our celebration in May. This will be our 5th cruise and 5th on Princess.

We are still going strong. Leaving next week for 4 days in Disneyland with our Granddaughter and then off by ourselves to hike in Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.

When I get on the ships, I feel really young. It's a wonderful thing. :D

I'm 58 and DH turns 60 on Saturday, 9/30. We been on 10 cruises, 6 on Princess - our favorite - and have sailed on Carnival and NCL. We're on the Dawn Princess in December to Mexico and the Island Princess to Hawaii in January 2007 for my ..th birthday! ;)

Archived