Breakfast on the Oasis

We are booked Oct. 10th and have never been on this ship so we are wondering if the MDR is open for breakfast.

Thank you. Larry. :)

Yes, open every day for breakfast. Lunch is available in the MDR on sea days.

Wonderful. Thank you.:)

Once nice thing about Oasis is that there are several venues to get complimentary breakfast besides the MDR and Windjammer.

You also have Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Park Cafe, and a small number of choices at Vitality Cafe.

Once nice thing about Oasis is that there are several venues to get complimentary breakfast besides the MDR and Windjammer.

You also have Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Park Cafe, and a small number of choices at Vitality Cafe.

Thanks. That's good to know. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I figure that on sea days we will be using MDR for breakfast. For port days, since we are not early risers and want to avoid the crowd, will park cafe be the best choice for us? Is that the restaurant offering made to order omelette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure that on sea days we will be using MDR for breakfast. For port days, since we are not early risers and want to avoid the crowd, will park cafe be the best choice for us? Is that the restaurant offering made to order omelette?

No, Park Cafe does not offer made to order eggs. For that, you would have to go to the MDR, Wipeout Cafe, or Johnny Rockets.

No, Park Cafe does not offer made to order eggs. For that, you would have to go to the MDR, Wipeout Cafe, or Johnny Rockets.

Although if you're a scrambled eggs fan, skip Johnny Rockets. They're still just giving you a scoop (still in a little ball shape!) of powdered eggs and they were dis.gus.ting. Considering JR has a flat top, I hoped for better.

Yes the MDR is nice, but slow when you order.

It would be a nice leisurely breakfast.

As posted above we loved the breakfast at JR's, but, the wipe out cafe made our scrambled egg whites with no issue.

For variety try the wipeout cafe on the pool deck.

I do not like egg beaters and was very happy to know they would accomodate many specific requests...................

Oh and it was not crowded.

Enjoy

I think this is correct---if you have a Grand Suite or above you can get breakfast at Chops as well as Costal Kitchen. Bob--please correct and tell us what type of breakfast is offered at these 2 places.

I don't believe Chops has breakfast on Oasis. However, the breakfast at Coast Kitchen is excellent.

Here is a menu example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44824953&postcount=2

Coolcruiser: you are exactly correct about Johnny Rockets and their horrible scrambled eggs. This past September we went there for their for the first time for breakfast. I ordered the scrambled eggs, took one look at them and called the waiter over. I politely asked them to scramble REAL eggs for me and they had no problem in doing so.

If you are a suite guest, by all means use the Costal Kitchen for your meals. The service is outstanding, the room beautiful and the atmosphere wonderful. Also, make sure you drop in for their appetizers, they are wonderful.

Coolcruiser: you are exactly correct about Johnny Rockets and their horrible scrambled eggs. This past September we went there for their for the first time for breakfast. I ordered the scrambled eggs, took one look at them and called the waiter over. I politely asked them to scramble REAL eggs for me and they had no problem in doing so.

If you are a suite guest, by all means use the Costal Kitchen for your meals. The service is outstanding, the room beautiful and the atmosphere wonderful. Also, make sure you drop in for their appetizers, they are wonderful.

I think by coolcruiser you mean me? If so, good to know in the future that we could request real eggs. In general we were disappointed with Johnny Rocket's on Oasis but breakfast was just abysmal.

We are not early risers. Johnny's Rockets stayed open later for breakfast.

We very much enjoyed having breakfast there ... but we never ordered scrambled eggs.

Hash browns were good, not as good as Waffle house though. ;)

If you are in a balcony cabin, I highly recommend room service for breakfast :) It's one of our favorite parts of cruising!

That's a good point, thanks!

We do stay in balcony, port side. Hopefully we will enjoy a great view for port days!

How's the room service breakfast quality compared to other dining places like Wipe-out cafe or Park cafe?

I don't believe Chops has breakfast on Oasis. However, the breakfast at Coast Kitchen is excellent.

Here is a menu example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44824953&postcount=2

CK breakfast is complimentary? I wasn't aware that they serve breakfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good point, thanks!

We do stay in balcony, port side. Hopefully we will enjoy a great view for port days!

How's the room service breakfast quality compared to other dining places like Wipe-out cafe or Park cafe?

On Oasis and Allure, room service quality was high. My only other favorite is Solarium for breakfast, because they have healthy options that I enjoy - like turkey bacon, etc. And it's typically not as crowded as Windjammer.

I didn't know Wipe Out Cafe was open for breakfast. Haven't tried Park Cafe for breakfast. Cafe Promenade does have good parfaits - great for grab-and-go on port days. And I have heard Johnny Rockets breakfast is VERY good, but haven't tried it.

Something about breakfast on my balcony in my PJs just screams vacation...

On Oasis and Allure, room service quality was high. My only other favorite is Solarium for breakfast, because they have healthy options that I enjoy - like turkey bacon, etc. And it's typically not as crowded as Windjammer.

I didn't know Wipe Out Cafe was open for breakfast. Haven't tried Park Cafe for breakfast. Cafe Promenade does have good parfaits - great for grab-and-go on port days. And I have heard Johnny Rockets breakfast is VERY good, but haven't tried it.

You may be the first person I have heard that likes the turkey bacon. :eek:

We had heard the same which made how awful ours was even more disappointing. For what we thought, MDR had a much better breakfast.