Shame on Carnival...or normal business practice?

smokester

This did happen. Friends only book thru Carnival, usually with a phone call, so no TA involved. They are Gold with Carnival and a few other cruises under their belts from others lines. We have cruised together before so I'm sure them NOT wanting to cruise with us is not the case. One is a former Marine other is a college professor, so English is no problem for them. They both decided to call Carnival back and bow out of the waiting list as all that transpired really put a bad taste in their mouths, so to speak. I don't blame them at all. Thanks for all the input, negative and positive comments, I have one more shirt of work today then I off to sail on the Sunshine !!! ☺

Did you see post #32? A representative has indicated cabins are indeed available for the sailing you reference and they should be contacted to clear up the misunderstanding. Did your friends do that? I doubt it.

My own checking and contact with my overly-cooperative PCC confirms the statement cabins are available.

Something about the recounting of the intimate details of your friend's booking continues to ring untrue as confirmed by many of us experienced cruisers. There must be details that haven't been shared to explain the facts you claim are true.

I suspect we will never know the true story. Again, this post goes into the "Wah Wah" discard pile.

Did you see post #32? A representative has indicated cabins are indeed available for the sailing you reference and they should be contacted to clear up the misunderstanding. Did your friends do that? I doubt it.

My own checking and contact with my overly-cooperative PCC confirms the statement cabins are available.

Something about the recounting of the intimate details of your friend's booking continues to ring untrue as confirmed by many of us experienced cruisers. There must be details that haven't been shared to explain the facts you claim are true.

I suspect we will never know the true story. Again, this post goes into the "Wah Wah" discard pile.

I think there is more too, but in fairness, the OP might not be aware of. It certainly is a weird thing.

Carnival already did a credit for the cabin that wasnt. Will use the deposit for the waiting list for a future cruise which they knew when they put the deposit down knowing that a cabin may not become available for this cruise . They will continue to cruise Carnival just nto this cruise

After all this they are going to use the deposit to be on another waiting list? Why not just book a cruise that's not sold out?

Is Rod Serling lurking in the shadows?

Bill

Nothing computes smokester, unless there are smokables involved. Perhaps you're friends are indulging a bit?

Sounds real smoky to me

I agree, something doesn't add up here especially if cabins are showing available. Carnival wouldn't hold on to cabins to get full price, in fact I believe just the opposite. Discount those cabins to book them and leave with a full ship. We just booked a cruise to Hawaii which was showing full a month ago. A month ago the cabins were $500 more and we booked for $700 less plus $600 OBC.

Carnival already did a credit for the cabin that wasnt. Will use the deposit for the waiting list for a future cruise which they knew when they put the deposit down knowing that a cabin may not become available for this cruise . They will continue to cruise Carnival just nto this cruise

You've allowed yourself to make a post as a second hand party...so unless you plan on resolving this yourself with the offered solution from Carnival...everyone will feel you have been given bad info from your friends and won't feel they can trust your post to the world (Cruise Critic is HUGE).

You or your friends have NOT validated this information at this time...and from your last post it appears you have abandoned this thread (maybe I'm wrong & I'm more than willing to be proven to be wrong to get at the truth).

I'm going to guess you might be concerned about your credibility...but I could be wrong about that as well. :confused:

Edited by cruiseclues

You've allowed yourself to make a post as a second hand party...so unless you plan on resolving this yourself with the offered solution from Carnival...everyone will feel you have been given bad info from your friends and won't feel they can trust your post to the world (Cruise Critic is HUGE).

You or your friends have NOT validated this information at this time...and from your last post it appears you have abandoned this thread (maybe I'm wrong & I'm more than willing to be proven to be wrong to get at the truth). :confused:

I certainly don't feel that way but to each their own.

I do find it odd that when Mishell offered to get them on the ship they declined because it left a bad taste in their mouth but they still intend to cruise CCL in the future.

Bill

Bill

I certainly don't feel that way but to each their own.

I do find it odd that when Mishell offered to get them on the ship they declined because it left a bad taste in their mouth but they still intend to cruise CCL in the future.

Bill

Bill

I Don't hold my remarks on this as a feeling...but more of an assessment of the facts (SO FAR).

I'm in no way a person who feels that a cruise line can do no wrong...but this is such a disturbing claim & possibly damaging to Carnival, which at least should be followed through with Carnival's offer & reported on the results (whether the "friends" actually go on this cruise or not)...which also would allow Carnival to respond on this thread. I did say I could be wrong...

Are you saying these claims by a second party (not saying they are not being honest with what they were told by their "friends") is okay without follow through? :confused:

Edited by cruiseclues

So what if these "friends" sailed with them before? Maybe they got mad about something and just want to back out? Maybe they don't have the money unexpectedly and are embarrassed to tell the OP? These are probably just trying to give an excuse not to sail and OP didn't get that and came here to complain about carnival. It's a shame bc both Carnival and the OP are basically innocent if that is the case.

OP, I have seen the Carnival website do some weird stuff. I wonder if some bugs were responsible for the faux booking that did not work out. And, quite honestly, if I tried multiple times to book and it didn't work out, I would just chock it up to fate or destiny being against it. And, I would probably give up, too. Big course, the friends may have made different plans by now, or may not be able to get off work with such little notice.

Bill

Bill

People like to talk and bluff but the truth always comes out when it is time to show me the money.

OP, I have seen the Carnival website do some weird stuff. I wonder if some bugs were responsible for the faux booking that did not work out. And, quite honestly, if I tried multiple times to book and it didn't work out, I would just chock it up to fate or destiny being against it. And, I would probably give up, too. Big course, the friends may have made different plans by now, or may not be able to get off work with such little notice.

I would think if they already paid in full that they probably had the time off.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Perhaps these "friends" are lying because they don't want to travel with the OP. No offense to OP but it's a possibility.

Yep, I can see myself doing that. We already have "friends" bugging us to book with them on an Alaskan cruise. These "friends" are okay to chat with from time-to-time, but to vacation with them - NO THANKS!:cool:

Am I missing something here.. Your friends booked, paid in full and received their cabin number, but carnival says they are still just on a waiting list? How could they have a cabin number if the cabin is sold to someone else.. I do not understand how they could have a cabin number that is booked under someone else for this cruise.

there really does seem to be something missing from that story, it doesn't make sense and as judge judy says if it doesn't make sense it (probably) isn't true......If they go on the carnival site and access a booked passenger tab, they should be able to see if they are booked into that cabin......DUH

I would think if they already paid in full that they probably had the time off.

Bill

One time, I was planning to take a trip, and had been approved for time off. When plans fell through, I told the boss that I would actually be working. The boss then approved someone else's leave request. I ended up having family come to town during that time frame and requested leave again, but the boss could not approve it because we were too short staffed.

So, I wouldn't necessarily make the assumption that you have made.

there really does seem to be something missing from that story, it doesn't make sense and as judge judy says if it doesn't make sense it (probably) isn't true......If they go on the carnival site and access a booked passenger tab, they should be able to see if they are booked into that cabin......DUH

Yeah, something smells. If the op keeps pressing the truth will probably come out.

In any case, after the cruise is over I would not be surprised if the friends were not around as much.

For those asking, yes, they do charge a fee to be put on the waiting list. I have paid it twice. One time a room came available and I paid the rest, the other time no room available and my money wss refunded.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We sail this Sat on the Sunshine. Have friends that wanted to sail,also but had to wait to book. Called 2 weeks ago, no availablity. They put down a $300 pp , 3 people, to be put on a waitlist. So far, no calls from Carnival. Last week , on the website, a cabin showed available so our friends tried to book onine & it would not allow them to book . They called Carnival said computer error & reassured them that they were 1st on the waiting list. Well yesterday several cabins, inside & Oceanview showed available. They were able to book a cabin. They were so excited for a very short period. After an email & a phone call to Carnival they were told that they really did not have a cabin-just put themselves on a waiting list again, only Carnival got full payment this time. Carnival open cabins in expectation that people will cancel so they are assured all cabins are sold. I know had I booked online, received a cabin number, input all my information and input my credit card number I would think I was sailing this Sat. Really seems like bad business to me.

If you book, pay, get a room assigned, get a booking number and get thru the process then you have a contract to sail. Simple as that. Print the docs and go to the port.

So someone says. :rolleyes:

I agree. It really sounds like a 3rd party TA is involved. Whether they took the initial deposit. Or that's who they thought they got a room with. I have Never heard of. Wait list!