Emerald Princess Rome to Barcelona September 26 -October 3 2015 in photos and video

Bimmer09

I've just spent an entire day reading your epic review/travelogue. My husband was born in one of the small villages above Carrara, and La Spezia is the closest big town. We've been all over the area, and I just love it! Wonderful to see the Cinque Terre through the eyes of another enthusiast. Thank you so much. I also admire your ability with photography - particularly street photography. Very nicely done.

Although the review ended on a sad note, I am so glad that you spent the time to write it. Those memories, particularly the ephemeral ones of small conversations and other chance encounters, fade quickly.

I have not gone on to read your other reviews yet because I do still have to work for a living. Hopefully I'll get some time next weekend to start on your X adventure.

Thank you again.

- Amy

I've just spent an entire day reading your epic review/travelogue. My husband was born in one of the small villages above Carrara, and La Spezia is the closest big town. We've been all over the area, and I just love it! Wonderful to see the Cinque Terre through the eyes of another enthusiast. Thank you so much. I also admire your ability with photography - particularly street photography. Very nicely done.

Although the review ended on a sad note, I am so glad that you spent the time to write it. Those memories, particularly the ephemeral ones of small conversations and other chance encounters, fade quickly.

I have not gone on to read your other reviews yet because I do still have to work for a living. Hopefully I'll get some time next weekend to start on your X adventure.

Thank you again.

- Amy

Amy, thanks for taking the time to read it -all in one day!! I'm glad you found it enjoyable.

I have read it for the first time over the past few days but stopped once I got to the incident part as the humor and the photos ended there.

The Celebrity Silhouette cruise and review was a great spirit-lifter so I would be happy if you read that one. It was a good experience on an eye-popping ship. So good we booked another X cruise while on board. That comes up in January, following our next cruise-to Alaska on the Star Princess in September.

I'm glad you liked the Cinque Terre photos. I really enjoyed seeing that coastline in person. We would happily do that itinerary again.

Cheers,

Norris

Norris,

Just finished all 55 pages of this wonderful review. That was a fun 2 days, whew (I'm sure my co-worker was curious as to what all the chuckling was about :) ). I was on a self-imposed hiatus from CC for a while (no cruises booked and didn't feel like torturing myself). I am glad that a couple of people bumped this up the forum list, or I would have missed this and the X review and the Princess / X comparison.

This is the fourth review I've read of yours and have loved every one. The first was your review of the CB, which you posted just before our first sailing on her. After I catch up on the Celebrity reviews, I'll have to go back and read your older reviews.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate run in with those who think that they are entitled to your stuff. Thankfully you made it out with nothing worse than you did.

Norris,

Just finished all 55 pages of this wonderful review. That was a fun 2 days, whew (I'm sure my co-worker was curious as to what all the chuckling was about :) ). I was on a self-imposed hiatus from CC for a while (no cruises booked and didn't feel like torturing myself). I am glad that a couple of people bumped this up the forum list, or I would have missed this and the X review and the Princess / X comparison.

This is the fourth review I've read of yours and have loved every one. The first was your review of the CB, which you posted just before our first sailing on her. After I catch up on the Celebrity reviews, I'll have to go back and read your older reviews.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate run in with those who think that they are entitled to your stuff. Thankfully you made it out with nothing worse than you did.

Rob, it was very nice to come home and read this. Thank you for taking the time to read all the pages and for letting me know.

If there was chuckling at your end as you read then I am doubly pleased. Life is too short to be dry and serious, is my motto.

If you've read 4 of my reviews you are 40% of the way there. There are 2 more in the pipeline but first I have to live them-that's the real fun part. We have to make Final Payment on the Star Princess June 27th and that's when it becomes real and we are committed. The Celebrity Reflection cruise will happen as there is no reason for it not to-I am particularly keen to see if it can be as good as our first X cruise. I think it will. Some new ports in that one and hopefully some new jokes.

So, much for me to anticipate. Carol is really too busy running her own business to give a thought to Alaska at the minute but closer to the departure will be bouncing off the walls.

My first and third reviews were of Alaska but were short by my current standard as I didn't have exciting cameras....that's all changed and I will come back with some killer photos or die in the attempt. I am adding a state of the art Canon L lens to my bag. We'll see.

Thanks again for responding!

Norris

Norris,

I agree, life is too short to be serious. I find that your humor is similar to mine.

I meant to write reviews of my last two cruises on the CB, but, unfortunately, real life took over upon our return. Besides, all the pictures would have been from my iphone 5s. I hope to have a better camera prior to our voyage on the Regal in March.

Back to reading your Celebrity review, I'm only 22 pages in on that one...

Norris,

Glad you're returning to the high seas and loveliness of Alaska. Just got back from Allure OTS Eastern Caribbean on6/12 but have not done any reviews yet. A little hint though: WOW! Will also try to do a RCI vs. Princess as well. Have 69 days before we embark on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda so I'll have to get crackin'!

Norris,

Glad you're returning to the high seas and loveliness of Alaska. Just got back from Allure OTS Eastern Caribbean on6/12 but have not done any reviews yet. A little hint though: WOW! Will also try to do a RCI vs. Princess as well. Have 69 days before we embark on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda so I'll have to get crackin'!

WOW! was my first impression when I saw Oasis and followed their video series as Capt. Wright was bringing her across the Atlantic and I still say WOW each time I see her in port but as she's a ship that looks "inwards" IMO and has so many passengers we have shied away from being excited to sail on her.

I read any photo reviews of her of course and hope you write one. I would definitely look forward to a comparison review RCI vs Princess although the ship itself is incomparable and a stroke of design genius-but the onboard experience can be compared- food, service etc.

You'll be back from the Summit before I sail on the Star Princess on September 10.

Nice to hear from you again!

Norris

• 8 months later...