Emerald Princess Rome to Barcelona September 26 -October 3 2015 in photos and video

Bimmer09

OMG Norris....what a terrible, terrible ordeal you had to go through! I feel so bad that you went through what you did. I hope they catch those awful people! Heal fast Norris and enjoy NYC....you deserve a great time after what you went through. Take care and hugs are sent your way....but not too hard in case you are still sore.

Corinne

Oh, Norris,

What an awful, terrifying ordeal! I am so glad you are going to be ok. Physical scars may heal much sooner than emotional ones.

Best wishes for a quick resolution to this, especially for the police finding the scum that did this to you.

Take care.

Norris

So unbelievable what has happened to you at the hands of thugs.

I hope that you heal soon and that recovering your papers etc.

will be a smooth process for you.

I am sending good thoughts way.

Hoping that you and Carol find a respite during your weekend in NYC.

Your reviews have brought much insight, beauty and humor to your readers.

I hope the words of sympathy and encouragement that many people have expressed to you here help you to realize how much we appreciate a person like you.

Norris, I have so enjoyed your review, pictures and your fabulous writing. We have been to many of the cities you visited on this trip, so your review was very meaningful to me. I look forward to catching up with you on the Celebrity board early next year. Maybe one day, we will meet up with you and Carol on a Princess cruise. Thanks again for your investment of time and energy so we could all enjoy your trip with you!!! Happy Sailing!!:D

Diana

Oh Norris, I am so sorry, just remember no one can steal your memories and you have heaps of those, and also the people who have enjoyed many hours reading your stories, your CC friends who are shocked by this action.

Take good care of yourself and Carol.

Pat

Norris, so sorry to hear about this. At least you are aive and Carol was safely away from these criminals. I hope getting all you documents and credit cards, etc goes smoothly for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jackie

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Dear virtual friend Norris,

I have been praying for your physical and emotional recovery and that these horrible people are quickly brought to justice. Your joy in living everyday to the utmost will help you get through this ordeal. My thoughts are with you.

Joan

Thank you friends for all the good wishes and positive messages.

Things are feeling better after a good night's sleep and getting ready for our flight has kept my mind off it.

We usually spend Thanksgiving in the house in Michigan watching the deer and the antelope play but not this year alas.

After New York we begin the process of listing and pricing all that was taken and that will put us on the track to replacing everything and getting back to normal. Thankfully all my camera gear was back in Chicago.

Thanks again for your warm wishes!

All will be well.

Norris

To those who have posted best wishes thank you. I'm very moved that I have made so many friends here.

I am using something called a PC (Yikes!) and am packing for a weekend in New York-normally a cause for rejoicing. I'll see how it goes with only my British Passport as I.D.

Sorry I won't have time to say a personal thank you to each of you.

So thank you all.

Sincerely,

Norris

OMG OMG OMG my heart goes out to you I am glad you are somewhat OK and so so sorry this has happened to you I wish you a speedy recovery and hoping they catch these punks that did this to you.

Please don't lose your humour and charm Norris

Edited by hockeyguru32

Well my intended BIG FINISH is not going to happen and where I normally like to respond to all the fine people who contribute I am just going to say a heartfelt THANK YOU ALL

In the middle of the night our sanctuary-our beloved home in Michigan- was invaded by burglars and I got my face beat-up. Carol was in Chicago. I had my hands tied behind my back and made to lay face down while they took all our electronics-TVs, speakers, computers including my Mac with all the programs I can't live without. 4 no longer used camcorders. Their car wasn't big enough for the swag so they stole our VW station wagon too.

The house was ransacked and every drawer emptied and 6 phones smashed to stop me calling the police when they left. My winter coats were taken and my wallet with credit cards/green card/driving lisence and cash. iPhone of course.

They dropped me off a quarter mile from my home with many threats if I called the police, after I gave them the pin number to my ATM card ( I gave them a bad number). I ran to a neighbor's house to use their phone and the rain helped me get free from the phone cords that held my hands behind my back.

I was interviewed by the Police for some hours and had to wait a couple more for the Forensic Team to do their work. I haven't had much sleep.

My face was a bloody mess but nothing is broken and I have a limp. The house is gutted, the car is gone but I am alive-just not in the kind of jolly mood I hoped to be in to write an End Piece.

I hope to see you all on my Celebrity review!!!

Thanks again and bye for now

Love, Norris

Norris, it pains me to read this post. I don't really have the right words, just know that I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Thank you friends for all the good wishes and positive messages.

Things are feeling better after a good night's sleep and getting ready for our flight has kept my mind off it.

We usually spend Thanksgiving in the house in Michigan watching the deer and the antelope play but not this year alas.

After New York we begin the process of listing and pricing all that was taken and that will put us on the track to replacing everything and getting back to normal. Thankfully all my camera gear was back in Chicago.

Thanks again for your warm wishes!

All will be well.

Norris

Norris,

Oh how awful! So sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal and glad to hear that you are doing better. These burglaries can be disastrous but you were able to come through it. So glad Carol wasn't there and hope they catch these bums.

You two have a good trip to New York. Thanksgiving in that house sounds wonderful and hope you can enjoy it there next year.

Best to both of you and looking forward to your X trip in January. I know I am looking forward to reading about it, as usual.

Ruth

Norris,

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. It really pisses me off that people think its okay to do that. Your lives are priceless, other things are replaceable. Even though, it still sucks.

I hope you find out from the police who did it and are able to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law!!

I have been thinking about putting a camera and alarm system up in our home in the future so that we feel a little more secure about leaving our home. May I ask if you had an alarm system for your home?

God speed in your physical and emotional recovery.

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation & cruise with us. I am just one of hundreds I'm sure that enjoy your writings and photos. :)

Teresa

Norris,

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I hope you recover and thank goodness you weren't too badly injured, but it's a terrible blow to have your home invaded and robbed of your personal things. Possessions can be recovered, but you cannot.

Be well.

Ron

Words cannot express my shock and sorrow when reading of your ordeal. So glad that you clearly kept your wits about you and survived.

And it seems the wit is still there...goodness..all that and you not only have to replace government documents (my prayers are with you and I'm agnostic) but you have to use a PC!! That's just adding insult to injury. (OK here I'm just trying to be empathetic because actually I use a PC - but I'm a number cruncher and that's what they are really good at)

Heal quickly

OMG, Norris, I am so sorry to hear about the burglary in your sanctuary, your home! That is something that no one should ever have to go through. I am so glad your injuries were relatively minor, and that you will still be able to enjoy your planned trip to my husband's home town, NYC.

Even though I got a late start on reading this review, I have enjoyed every minute of it. It appears that I've finished catching up just as you have finished writing. While I have no immediate plans to visit Barcelona, you have made a Gaudi fan out of me, so I know what I will be doing if I ever get there!

I will be joining you on your Celebrity review in late Jan as many of the others who have followed you on this review will be doing. You may be reviewing on a different board than your usual Princess board, but rest assured, you will still be among friends who will be following you there.

I hope you and Carol have a wonderful - and SAFE - time in NYC! :D

Just checking in to thank you all for the kind support.

We are in New York and all is well.

My face is slowly mending itself.

We are dealing with the Police and insurance companies from here via computer.

I am off to Central Park with the camera and that will help me take my mind of this for a few hours.

Thanks to all. I'm very touched.

Norris