Quality Inn San Juan closed.Need advice.

lexingtonave

I booked a room at the Quality Inn El Portal in San Juan for mid January. I was just informed that it is no longer a Choice Hotel and has closed. Does anyone know if this property will re-open under another name? I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night pre-cruise. Our flight lands in the early evening so I don't need a pool or beach, just something convenient to restaurants.

Many of the properties are $250 to $300 a night. I had this for $140.00.

Suggestions?

You really should pull up your date on hotels dot com or something similar as there are a few hotels in your price range and cheaper that are not bad hotels for one night and actually better than the one you had! :cool:

Edited by bigque

I booked a room at the Quality Inn El Portal in San Juan for mid January. I was just informed that it is no longer a Choice Hotel and has closed. Does anyone know if this property will re-open under another name? I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night pre-cruise. Our flight lands in the early evening so I don't need a pool or beach, just something convenient to restaurants.

Suggestions?

If "cheap of cheap" is what you are seeking, then consider SJ Guest Houses.

We stayed at Hotel Plaza de Armas in Old San Juan. It was $99 for the night. It's a small hotel, no pool, but in the heart of Old San Juan with a lot of restaurants around.

We stayed there also. Loved the location and the staff were really nice. Older hotel, but clean. Just beware of the elevator, very slow and very small. We put our luggage in the elevator and walked the stairs and had to wait on the elevator to get to the 3rd floor. :)

Would stay there again.

When we sailed out of San Juan in April, we stayed at At Wind Chimes. It's a pretty small boutique hotel. When I was looking at cruises for our anniversary the original cruise I picked left out of San Juan again. While I was looking at hotels, the sister to AWC is the Acacia (?) just a block away and according to tripadvisor reviews slightly nicer was going for around fifty a night. It is less than a block from Condando beach. I know not an issue for you, just giving you an idea as to location. I'm pretty sure we paid 15 for taxi from airport to hotel and same to port. There are pretty good restaurants within walking distance to these hotels too. Had the best meal of my life at Bagua just a few blocks away.

Suggestions?

I had same problem for march 25Th I moved over to the comfort inn 135$ same area

• 2 weeks later...

So that's what happened! We got an e-mail from the online agency we booked through telling us Quality Inn could no longer honour the booking we had made for the end of this month. They offered us a transfer to the Miramar for the same price, which we accepted.