New assigned arrival time issued for Carnival Breeze out of Miami port

YouGoAngel

Anyone receive an email, with a follow up call to give you an assigned time to show up at the port?

I am boarding the Carnival Breeze at the Miami port next weekend (10-10-15). I hear this is a new procedure implemented by the port. How in the world do they plan to make this work with so many people flying in from out of state with prearranged travel arrangements to get to the port earlier?

I am fortunate that I got somewhat of an early assigned time (12-1). But the rest of my cruise group got times as late as 2-3. We are all using the same transportation company so some may be waiting longer than others.

I am not bothered by long wait times. My feet may hurt. But I remain HAPPY at all times. :)

I am fortunate that I got somewhat of an early assigned time (12-1). But the rest of my cruise group got times as late as 2-3. We are all using the same transportation company so some may be waiting longer than others.

I am not bothered by long wait times. My feet may hurt. But I remain HAPPY at all times. :)

We are also on the 10-10 sailing. We did not get a phone call, nor an email.

However, another couple traveling with us did get a call.

Perhaps because we are platinum we won't get a call? Anyone know?

Have only see people actually turned away in Jacksonville for showing up "too early."

GP

Many have posted recently they have received emails, calls or letters designating a time to show up, even those that have FTTF, or are Platinum (if you search, you will find multiple threads).

And just about every one of them has indicated they will show up at the time they originally planned.

Have not heard of anyone being turned away or forced to wait to check in.

Edited by lizardhowson

I find it interesting that some folks get pretty upset with these boarding time emails. I, for one, actually find them a very good thing because the uninitiated will follow the suggestion and early boarding times won't be flooded with the newbies trying to find their way around embarkation. I can't even imagine the chaos if no emails or phone calls were made and all 3000 passengers showed up at 9:00 am hoping to be onboard by 11:00.

I find it interesting that some folks get pretty upset with these boarding time emails. I, for one, actually find them a very good thing because the uninitiated will follow the suggestion and early boarding times won't be flooded with the newbies trying to find their way around embarkation. I can't even imagine the chaos if no emails or phone calls were made and all 3000 passengers showed up at 9:00 am hoping to be onboard by 11:00.

True, but many fly or have to travel to get to the port so there's no way everyone would show up at once. Our letter last month wanted us to show between 1:30 and 2:30, but our flight landed at 9:00 am. Straight to the port we went.

So, the people who paid for FTTF and the Platinum and Diamond, who get to board first and receive the emails to show up between 2 and 3pm should show up that late?

Emails are brilliant IMO because the "informed" are the vast minority and it does help stagger embarkation. But if you are informed you know to ignore and show up when you wish. I always shoot for 10am and always find no lines.

Christine Duffy - "Wanna send out another batch of those assigned arrival time emails and watch the people of Cruise Critic squirm?"

John Heald - "Let me get the popcorn!"

LOVE IT.

They definitely have this audience pegged.

We are on this sailing as well and got the same call and email. We plan on being there between 1030 to 1100 am just like always. This is our 3rd cruise this year and each one we get the same call and email and each time we ignore it and show up and board right away.

We shouldn't have to wait because we have Priority boarding, but if we do end up waiting I know that it'll be on me for showing up too early, but I doubt that'll happen.

Last week I arrived at Miami port at 1:20 pm. It took 30 minutes to board the ship.

We, also, have chosen to arrive later...grabbing a late breakfast on shore and making our way to the pier in a leisurely manner. Arriving at 1:00 means boarding is a quick, short process and our rooms are always available so we can drop off our carry-ons and still have time for a quick lunch snack. But then we leave in the last wave when we disembark so our time on the ship isn't diminished in the least. I wouldn't care if the cruise ships actually start assigning boarding times and the times are chosen when booking...you know, first booked first priority. I'd still probably choose a bit later time.

Christine Duffy - "Wanna send out another batch of those assigned arrival time emails and watch the people of Cruise Critic squirm?"

John Heald - "Let me get the popcorn!"

LOVE IT.

They definitely have this audience pegged.

These win posts of the week.

The "assigned boarding time email" nail has once again been hit squarely on the head. It isn't the first time and, painfully, it won't be the last.

We got the same thing - 1pm time for us. Since we were flying in, we checked in at the airport & went straight to the ship. Don't recall what time we actually boarded, but no one checks to see what time you were assigned. They're trying to straggle everyone in to avoid such long lines, I'm sure. But I'm not gonna sit around in the airport - I'd rather stand in line at the port.

I am sure that these staggered times are neccessary due to the increasing number of Plats and Diamonds and especially because of the way that they are selling a ton of FTTF. With all of those people trying to get on as early as possible and the number of people who used to try to get to get on early with a low zone number, they have to do something.

I wouldn't care if the cruise ships actually start assigning boarding times and the times are chosen when booking...you know, first booked first priority. I'd still probably choose a bit later time.

You may be getting your wish. I got an email today that had me go to online check-in and choose a boarding time.

That appears to be new. I say "appears" because I have seen others note that they were "assigned" a boarding time. Also, my letter specifically addresses Diamond/Platinum/Suites/FTTF, which I assume was not addressed in earlier letters (seeing as how there was quite a bit of confusion by those holding FTTF, etc.)

I know, I know.....just show up when you want to.