What is with RCCL's current prices?

it depends when you book also.....i ended up getting such an amazing deal on hots for march 2017 when i booked it in april this year...that i booked 4 cabins for the entire family....the prices now have jumped :eek:.... Our average price for two was $1790.00 (inc taxes & gratuities) for the last 4 aft boardwalk cabins...i was and am thrilled and can't wait to surprise my family with this 2016 xmas present :d

please...would you adopt me!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

We actually booked a Disney cruise for October 2016 that was less than a comparable RCL cruise on Enchantment. We now shop every cruise amongst 3-4 different lines.

We still found RCL to be cheaper than Disney (comparing Disney Fantasy to RCL Allure). And for us, we're Canadian so paying in CAD is a huge deal for us.

Having said that, i have noticed that , at least for our cruise, that staterooms have gone up by $1100 to $1400 in the past few months.

Sure I can, and I specifically noted the difference in port. (I understand that the embarkation port factors quite a bit into the cruise price. Especially with folks who are driving to the port.)

The OP gave a generic statement of 'comparable cruise' which I took to be itinerary. I then compared two similar itineraries of the same duration embarking on the same date.

Looking now at the options for royal and carnival out of PC, one leaves the 12th and the other the 13th. carnival is less expensive on all cabins to a varying degree.

suite is 800 less

balcony is 500 less

OV is 200 less

inside is under 100 less

Personally I wouldn't consider those two options similar, but I understand that you might because they both embark from PC. (I really like the freedom class ships though so that would weigh more heavily on my personal decision.)

FWIW, I honestly am interested in knowing what the top 2 or 3 factors are for you in determining a similar cruise on two different lines.

I only commented on looking at PC pricing because Royal no longer sails from NO, and when they did the prices were amongst the cheapest in her fleet. And i agree, the Valor is not comparable to the Freedom, but neither is the Dream. I took comparable to mean port of departure and itinerary.

Unfortunately in my case, the port of departure is everything and i can afford to pay a little more to avoid travel. That being said, most of my upcoming cruises were bought far in advance and i have really good prices. For example we are in a JS on Freedom this coming March and all in is just over 2 grand. We do try and avoid cruising in the summer because PC is a kiddie magnet in the summer, and the prices reflect that.

You have to remember especially in the summer months RCCL moves a lot of their ships to other parts of the world as well as home porting them in other parts of the world, Carnival keeps the majority of their ships here in the U.S. They basically cannibalize their own market, they have a lot more berths to fill for the Caribbean cause there is a ship on every corner where RCCL really limits their Caribbean berths in the summer so they in turn can charge a higher price.

Thats why they stressed a couple years ago, Royal Caribbean INTERNATIONAL.

If RCCL kept all their ships in the US as well, ya we'd see some very attractive pricing.

I'm sorry it sounds like you had an unpleasant experience. Carnival is not one of my favorite lines either. We've cruised a lot with NCL and like them as well as many other lines. I especially like Princess. Frankly, the comparatively high cost of RC has kept us from them for many years now. It will be nice to sail with them again. We just happened to hit a good time for booking. Carnival will always be one of the cheapest options and although they're not horrible, they're not my favorite.

I was on a cruise, so nothing was that bad. However, I just didn't like the ship, and we were on a newer ship (Carnival Dream) and I found the food to be horrible. They don't maintain their public spaces well IMO, and a ship that large, and only 2 small pools. I knew this going in, I did plenty of research. But I make the best of any situation and still had a fantastic time.

I tend to book my cruise based more on the ports/dates I want rather than the cruise line. with that said I have had great luck on all cruise lines getting good prices. I generally book an inside and watch for upgrades to balcony's. I think that CCL & RCCL have comparable food with CCL slightly in the lead. NCL?? I simply add the cost of the specialty dining for the week.

Sure I can, and I specifically noted the difference in port. (I understand that the embarkation port factors quite a bit into the cruise price. Especially with folks who are driving to the port.)

The OP gave a generic statement of 'comparable cruise' which I took to be itinerary. I then compared two similar itineraries of the same duration embarking on the same date.

Looking now at the options for royal and carnival out of PC, one leaves the 12th and the other the 13th. carnival is less expensive on all cabins to a varying degree.

suite is 800 less

balcony is 500 less

OV is 200 less

inside is under 100 less

Personally I wouldn't consider those two options similar, but I understand that you might because they both embark from PC. (I really like the freedom class ships though so that would weigh more heavily on my personal decision.)

FWIW, I honestly am interested in knowing what the top 2 or 3 factors are for you in determining a similar cruise on two different lines.

Hi Fellow cruiser;; I have read all post on this and also have been on Carnival many times and Diamond on Royal. Like all pricing it differs day to day,line to line and port to ports. In my situation and many on royal, best deal, then on top the $250.00 to 300.00 balcony discount to loyals, Diamond lounges, free drinks for 3 hours, free drinks also loaded on seapass, on Royal & Celebrity through my booking agency always free gratuities. On Carnival , as been plat. for 12 years, get free laundry, priority boarding and sometimes a one cat upgrade.Carnival has always been a cheaper price for me but with the cash dollars back the rate is often better. There are a lot of plats, diamond, Diamond +, and pinnacles, cruising and with their boardings way up, they are holding prices, especially doing spring break.

Also the Freedom, with flowrider,Ice skating, much larger size, appeals to the younger crowd. Also I would not compare a COVE balcony, on deck 2, with any balcony on Freedom, Freedom 154,407 tons, 3,634 passenger capacity. Carnival Dream 130,000 cap.3646 people. Also have found on price comparison, New Orleans, and Galveston , has a lower price point overall than Eastern Florida ports. Many tie in Canaveral cruises to Disney.

In general Ive found, not everyone likes the same ports, ships, offerings and pricing, and I guess that what makes cruising so different for so many. I hope y you find the one that right for you. I always weigh the good things against the bad things, and the good always comes out on top. Bob

I usually go for the cruise line that has the best deal and itinerary. My next cruise is November 1st on the Liberty for the 12 day repositioning cruise. It is off season AND a repositioning cruise. Though, I got an amazing price.. $499 without taxes. I couldn't do a Bahama and Florida(blah) 7 day out of Baltimore or NYC for that price on Carnival, NCL, or another RC ship.