Problems with watch purchased on board

Just off the Freedom of the Seas last Sunday. While on board, I purchased a Tag Heuer Carrera women's automatic from the Regalia store on the promenade. On Monday, the third day of wearing it, I noticed it lost over an hour's time. Yesterday, the date didn't roll over to the new day. This morning, it stopped completely. The watch cost $2500. I've purchased other watches on other ships and they were fine.

Please someone tell me what recourse do I have? There's an authorized Tag Heuer service center near me but I don't think I should have to pay to repair such a new purchase. Should I contact Royal Caribbean Resolution Department? Could they help me?

I'm deeply grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance for your help!

I guess I overreacted. I took the watch to my local authorized service center today. They examined the watch and concluded it stopped because it wasn't wound enough. It's now working perfectly. Thanks to all for your advice!

I guess I overreacted. I took the watch to my local authorized service center today. They examined the watch and concluded it stopped because it wasn't wound enough. It's now working perfectly. Thanks to all for your advice!

did you price this watch anywhere else?

Wow, winding a watch. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Glad it worked out for you.:)

probably 30 years for me. Didn't know there were anything but battery and self winding. I guess you've got to pay the big bucks to wind a watch

Guess nobody here has owned an automatic watch??? If they sit without wear/movement for a few days they need to be wound...most have 48-72 hour power reserve.

Guess nobody here has owned an automatic watch??? If they sit without wear/movement for a few days they need to be wound...most have 48-72 hour power reserve.

That one probably has 40. Wind the crown about 30 times. You need to wear it 6 hours a day, at least, assuming you're reasonably active. Otherwise you'll be winding it every day...

Congrats on a nice timepiece:) I hope you got a good deal, most models of that watch can be had cheaper than 2500, but there are a few than run that much or more. Assuming RCCL is an authorized dealer, your Tag warranty is valid regardless of what the ship may offer.

I had an aqua racer quartz for 3 years or so, and then I lost it. Bought an aqua racer automatic to replace it. Probably cost an extra $700. I'm always resetting the time because I take it off to long. Wish I had just gotten another quartz.

So your watch is not quartz meaning battery.

Thank you! I really like it. I saved a little over $500 by buying on the ship. It's a women's Carrera automatic with 12 little diamonds. I declared it with customs and was prepared to pay a tax but they just checked my form and said have a good day.