Spa for kids question

TwinDani

My twins will be turning 4 years old during our cruise on the Pride in November. We will have a sea day on their birthday and was wondering if anyone knows if the spa does manicure for kids this young. We went to a local place for their 3rd birthday and they loved it. I really just want them to polish their nails. I am trying to figure out special things to do for them on their birthday. I have already sent candy and cookies to our room and will be decorating.

Thank you!

Spa Carnival and Cloud 9 Spa

Fitness Center and Studio:Guests must be at least 18 years of age to use the fitness facilities on their own. Minor guests (12-17 years of age) may use the facilities provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (subject to restrictions posted outside the Fitness Center).

Salon: Salon services (hair, nail and facial services) are available to guests of all ages.

Spa Facilities: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive treatments or utilize spa facilities, including the sauna and steam rooms (within the locker rooms) as well as use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9 Spas.

ZSPA: Teens (12-17 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult when they book treatments on board. Parents or a guardian must complete and sign the spa’s consultation form acknowledging their consent before services are rendered.

Looks like you're all set!

Happy Birthday twins. :)

I have no idea, I just love that your taking the Twins on a cruise for their birthday. Our 3 yo twins will take their first cruise in December --- (go Long Island!)

They will love it! This is their second time on a cruise but they were almost 2 last time. They are very excited. YAY Long Island!

Maybe you could negotiate a lower price as they are so young. The manicures are quite high on the ships. My last pedicure I had was close to $90 with tip.

ugh really! I wonder if it is just to do nail color they will charge less. We will see. No way I will spend $90 for 4 year olds.

Unless she has manicure loving boys:eek:

And what would be wrong with that? :rolleyes:

I know I'd probably enjoy my time on deck more if a lot more people - men and women had a pedicure before they sailed. Nothing like a row of gross, crusty feet hanging over the ends of every lounger. Ewww.

OP, I do know I've seen info about the ice cream and spa deals. Haven't paid close attention as my DD is almost 30. ;)

Why not go to the local place before the cruise as a "birthday treat" the day before in preparation of the cruise? This would be a lot cheaper AND make them feel excited for the cruise. That's just my suggestion because $90 for a manicure makes my hair stand on end.

Let me also chime in with the fact that my one experience of getting a manicure on board (it was my 2nd cruise, on RCI, and DD was 16), we got manicures just after we boarded, to get our cruise started out on a fun note.

Worst manicures ever. And so expensive.

So, ever since, I get mine done just before I head to port. I'll pack in 11 days, get my mani/pedi the next evening, and head to port after work the next day, to sail two weeks from today.

OP, check with your local salons and see if you can't get a birthday-treat special for them. There will be so much they'll want to see and do once on the ship, and their nails will look all fancy when they meet new friends on board.

I think I would ask them for a "kids special". Here's an experience I had:

I took my then five year old daughter on a b2b (3 and 4 day) cruise on the Imagination a couple of years ago without Mom and brothers. My wife told me I would have to wash her very long hair at the midpoint of the trip at a minimum. I didn't want to do it. At the time she hated hair washing- complete with crying and screaming. So, on the day I decided washing had to happen, rather than doing it myself I went to the Spa and asked them. They said they didn't have a "kids hairwash" or anything similar, but they made something up, and it cost me a very reasonable amount. I would have paid much more than they charged me. Anyway, as a bonus she loved the experience and came out happy and ready for ice cream. :cool:

Edited by TennLee