How Does the UBP work on the NCL Gem

travelady65

I am sailing the NCL Gem November 23, 2015....and would like to know how the UBP works....

Last year I was on the MSC Divina and had there UBP....how it worked there was once you purchased a drink, they handed to you the receipt...showing a $0.00 balance ... you signed the receipt...gave one receipt back to the bartender, and you kept the other receipt... Does NCL work the same way?

Would appreciate it very much if someone can explain to me how NCL works on there UBP.....

Thank You,

Cathy

I am sailing the NCL Gem November 23, 2015....and would like to know how the UBP works....

Order a drink, hand the bartender your cruise card, the bartender will hand you a receipt with the full amount of the drink and tip, you sign it, it does not show up on your bill.

Your cruise card will be marked (printed on the card if you pre-order the UBP) or a sticker if you buy it onboard.

Order a drink, hand the bartender your cruise card, the bartender will hand you a receipt with the full amount of the drink and tip, you sign it, it does not show up on your bill.

Your cruise card will be marked (printed on the card if you pre-order the UBP) or a sticker if you buy it onboard.

This. Exactly. I got off the Gem on 10/3. I asked for a copy of my account from Guest Services after a couple of days (just to check) and the only amount that showed up was 71 cents for the NY tax on a drink I ordered before we set sail.

Thank you very much for the information on how the UBP works on the NCL Gem...I will be doing the same as you did, after a couple of days...going down to guest services for a printout of my account to make sure nothing was added onto the account...just for peace of mind...

Ah ha so then they do charge you tax on the drinks that you purchase onboard while docked in NYC? Mine was the promo and all gratituty and tax was already calculated in....will i still be charged tax if i purchase a drink while the ship is still docked in NYC?

Thank you very much for the information on how the UBP works on the NCL Gem...I will be doing the same as you did, after a couple of days...going down to guest services for a printout of my account to make sure nothing was added onto the account...just for peace of mind...

On Gem you can check the account balance on your cabin TV. If there are some disparencies, only then you need to visit Guest Services and ask for the printout to double check.

Ah ha so then they do charge you tax on the drinks that you purchase onboard while docked in NYC? Mine was the promo and all gratituty and tax was already calculated in....will i still be charged tax if i purchase a drink while the ship is still docked in NYC?

No taxes are ever included in the package. So yes, if you get drinks while still in port or not far enough from the shore, you will be charged the tax.

Usually I have several conversations with my concierge per day. Sometimes I take about 3 seconds to ask him/her to get a print out delivered to my room. I really don't worry about losing those 3 seconds of my cruise. Often I am actually eating while I ask so not really wasting those 3 seconds I guess...:D