Glory Main Deck info

Mably

We are leaving in 2 weeks on the Glory and the whole family (10) will have 5 cabins scattered on the Main Deck. Going back and reading some old posts have me a little concerned as it was mentioned that the Main Deck seemed to smell of sewage!

Can anyone who has recently taken the Glory and had a cabin on the Main Deck...please let me know if this is still true. Maybe I need to go get air fresheners for each of our cabins!

Thanks,

Mary

The sewage smell happens on any ship. It usually doesn't last more than a few hours. On most ships, the waste lines are in blocks of 20-30 bathrooms and if one toilet backs up, the whole line backs up. You will notice a smell here and there throughout different decks but the smell will not be constant in one area all week. Remember, 95% of the time it is a fellow passengers fault for the smell.

We were on the Main Deck on the Glory in March. Yes, there was a sewage smell in the hallway....on a number of occasions, but it didn't affect the inside of our cabins. Incidentally, the Main Deck was great...there was no noise from other decks and there was no rocking. We really enjoyed it and would stay there again!

On our July cruise there was a most definite smell of sewage in the hallways leading to the jazz bar, even in the daytime when it was not occupied. I noticed it when going to the internet cafe which adjoins the bar. It was certainly not an "urban legend" that I was smelling!:rolleyes:

we had cabin 2254 mai deck, it was fine up there but...midship smelled like an old septic tank with a problem the hole week! not once in awhile, always! we had 14 people all but 2 cabins were on the main deck, 2 of them midship..p-u. not inside, but walking down towards the back of ship, u will notice it. someone mentioned the sewage holding tank in this area?? dont know, but was glad we were in the bow. going again in oct, panorams this time, hope it doesnt smell up there. check what your cabin # is.

Ive been on the Fantasy twice, the Fascination and the Conquest, and have smelled the sewage odor you describe on EVERY one of the ships at least once. Its a cruise ship thing. I think people try to flush things down that wont go and it backs everything up. I have never smelled it in the room, however.

We weren't on this floor but had friends here and we don't remember any smell here. We don't remember any smells of sewage anywhere as a matter of fact. It was a very pleasant cruise and I think you will enjoy your week aboard.

But if still worried pack a can of Lysol, we always pack it no matter what. You never know when you might need it!

Cruizinrican:)

I was on the main deck in March and didn't notice a sewage smell. As others have said, you will probably walk though an area and catch a whiff of the smell at some point during your cruise because someone tried to flush something they shouldn't have, but it is not like the smell lives on the main deck.

Archived