advice... best time to book thanksgiving week 2016

txtravelerfamily

Last year. The earlier it is, the cheaper it will be. Seriously, the longer you wait the more expensive it will become. Thanksgiving is a very expensive week because so many people want to travel.

And if by some rare chance that the price does drop, the early saver rate will get you the money back or OBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ladygal4.4

We booked this past Jan. for Thanksgiving this year. The price never went down, only up. Cruise is almost sold out. We wanted specific cabins and next to each other so we thought we should book early. Glad we did. What we paid for 2 balcony cabins is over double now.

ES is the best option for allowing for the lower rates. You aren't very flexible, since there aren't a lot of cruises leaving from Galveston. Of course you HAVE to be accepting of the restrictions with this kind of booking.

IF you are very flexible, there have been some excellent deep discounted last minute cruises. These never work for people who have narrow cabin requirements and don't want to pay to fly. But a jackpot for those who don't. :)

We have booked Thanksgiving weeks for the past 2 years now. Last year I booked ES in February and we received $750 OBC. Remember you have to keep price watching and call in order to received the price drop in OBC.

This year I booked in January but did not do ES. Still have $250 in OBC.

Good Luck with booking.

Hello,

We are planning on taking the Breeze out of Galveston Thanksgiving week 2016. Is now ( using the early saver rate) the best time to book, or will the price drop??

Thanks in advance!!!

Last month we booked the Breeze out of Galveston for June 2016. I had been watching it for a few months. Luckily the price only went up about $30 total (two cabins) but the number of available cabins was going down noticeably (but to be fair, I wanted a Cloud 9 balcony and interior across from each other). Since we booked ES, the prices have gone up...and I really don't expect them to go down.

So like others say...just book it now and use the ES rules to capture any price reductions that may occur.

Thanks for the replies everyone..

We were planning to book by the end of this month, but now I read that its the rainy season in Roatan. Thinking we may take the Dream out of New Orleans instead (going to Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman) . Has anyone had problems with weather going during Thanksgiving week? I live in South Texas, so I really don't need it to be hot, but I would like it to be sunny.

Thanks in advance again..