Euro championship play offs - will they be shown on Epic

Tishntez

Hi we're booked onto the Epic from Rome on 11 Nov. Ireland will be in the play offs for the Euro Championship finals and was hoping the matches be shown live on the Epic. Hopefully we get an easy draw!!

Does anyone know what sort of live sport is actually played in the sports bar?

Thanks

Which sport are you talking about?

It's difficult to say exactly what will be shown. On the Epic, I've seen lots of tennis (but that's probably because of the time of year), on other ships sailing in Europe, it's more tennis, some football (mostly highlights but some live games I think), and baseball highlights.

I assume you are talking about football. I'd say it's possible, but difficult to say for sure, especially if it's just a playoff.

Edited by KeithJenner

Thanks - the European Championship is football / soccer. It's the European equivalent to the World Cup. The plays offs are to reach the finals which will be held in France in June so they are significant matches. At least to us anyway.

Does anyone know what sport channels are available on tv or how good the Internet streaming is on board - would it be strong enough to stream live football ?

Thanks.

As said they showed the Rugby world cup in Spice H2O and the atrium..

However I'm not sure if the Euro games will get the same treatment as its not International - at a guess I would say there's a v good chance though as its a med cruise.

As said they showed the Rugby world cup in Spice H2O and the atrium..

However I'm not sure if the Euro games will get the same treatment as its not International - at a guess I would say there's a v good chance though as its a med cruise.

The tournament that Tishnetz is talking about is international. However, from what they are saying, it seems these games are playoffs to get into the main tournament, so that could have an impact.

NCL in Europe have a license for a 24 hour sports channel which shows live F1, tennis and premier league football. They regularly show football in bars etc, and if not you should be able to watch in your stateroom.

Whether or not that sports channel have license to show the Euro play offs is another matter.

Being a Northern Ireland fan I have no such worries... we don't do play offs :)

NCL in Europe have a license for a 24 hour sports channel which shows live F1, tennis and premier league football. They regularly show football in bars etc, and if not you should be able to watch in your stateroom.

Whether or not that sports channel have license to show the Euro play offs is another matter.

:)!

Being Belgian, the same story here, we just win our group without being in need of play-offs.

Although if you are Dutch, you would still be extremely happy to make in into the play-offs! :-):D

I'm sure they have eurosport or similar channel on the sports bar. they showed the F1 grand prix once when i was on board, if unsure ask the entertainment director when you board, as the schedules can be flexible dependent on guest feedback.

Ah well here's hoping. And fingers crossed twice over as we haven't had much luck in these play offs - Still haven't got over the hand of Henry yet lol!

And DRB247 - must be a great feeling be able to write that lol. Fantastic result and table toppers too! Be good to see a wee team win it instead of the usual big guns. Belgium looked good in the World Cup too so who knows!

Thanks for all the replies :cool:

This is somewhat on topic, hoping someone can help.

I am also irish and sport mad. I have not been able to get a direct answer from anybody as yet on the following question so hoping someone here can help.

We are first time cruisers on Norwegian Jade leaving next week. Can somebody tell me will they be showing the Rugby World Cup semi-finals on board during the 5-day Mediterannean cruise.

Regards, John.