Spray on tans?

dbali

I do not recall spray tanning on any ship I have been on. Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper getting it done in your town before boarding the ship? The spa pricing is VERY steep.

Have you ever tried Jergens tanning lotion? It is amazing. You don't look orange and gives GREAT color. I cannot be in the sun either and this is what I use.

Edited by champagne123
cccccc

Does the spa have spray on tans? I would like to look tan but can't be out in the sun. Specifically I am talking about Allure.

You are better off getting it done locally. If and when you do, there are some that aren't good with chlorine and others not good with salt water, so make sure to ask a lot of questions before you get it done!! They may have changed since my DS had it done... it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

I do not recall spray tanning on any ship I have been on. Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper getting it done in your town before boarding the ship? The spa pricing is VERY steep.

Have you ever tried Jergens tanning lotion? It is amazing. You don't look orange and gives GREAT color. I cannot be in the sun either and this is what I use.

Jergens has many options. Exactly which one do you love?

Do it before you leave home...and maybe do a practice run a few weeks before....they tend to start looking dirty around ankles, elbows, wrists, neck, etc....anywhere there is "bendy" skin....and the pools will cause it to start fading unevenly, too.

I don't believe they do it on the ship at all....

Jergens is fine for a DIY thing...but I HATE the lingering odor....the Jergen's FOAM doesn't have a lingering oder...and it will impart decent color...but any "fake" tan will wear unevenly...

Show off your good, un-sun damaged skin! Be proud of it!

Edited by cb at sea

I saw this thread a few days ago and didn't know the answer, but while browsing the cruise planner just now, I see that Allure does offer spray tanning. It is called the St. Tropez Liquid Sunless Tanning For Face & Body.

ETA: Actually, after reading the description, I realized it's a self-tanning lotion rather than a spray on! Sorry for any confusion.

"First, we exfoliate your skin until it is silky smooth. After that, we apply St. Tropez’s paraben-free, Aloe Vera based formula, which soothes, hydrates and nourishes your skin while evoking a natural sun-kissed glow."

Edited by pharaoh